J.D. Power Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.D. Power Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviews are schedules for 3 hour blocks. The first hour is set aside for a testing on basic English skills that isn't overly difficult. You than have two half hour blocks with two research team managers. They will ask you basic information on yourself and your previous work experience/qualifications. Overall it is a trying and exhaustive process so come prepared.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about yourself.. who are you?
    -How has your previous work experience prepared you for this role?
    -Why J.D Power?
    Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't ask for a certain salary. Instead, make it clear that you won't go under a certain amount. For example "I can't go below 40,000." Let them make the first offer.

Other Interview Reviews for J.D. Power

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI).

Interview

Basic work experience questions. Also asked situational questions to gauge how I would preform daily tasks on the job. Interviewed with two separate individuals back-to-back from the specific team that I would eventually join. Then completed a test that they used to gauge my data analysis and report writing skills. Entire interview process was only one day and took just over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple tasks that have varying priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA).

Interview

Got a phone call scheduling the interview then met with 2 groups of people. They were all managers from the group I applied to. They asked about my work experience and what I knew about cars. They told me what the job entails and what I would be doing day to day. Then I took a test that tested basic grammar, math, and statistic knowledge. They said day to day tasks is entering data on excel spreadsheets or verifying numbers match up from their consumer surveys. Sounds really monotonous and boring.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of consumer reports and reviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Recieved a phone call from hr to set up interview, told there would be an interview and a basic skills test. On interview day I arrived to find it was actually 3 different interviews each with two different hiring managers/ directors. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly. I was given a chance to discuss past experiences and skills without being interrogated.

After the interview I was given a basic skills test which consisted of simple math and proof reading exercises.

The entire process took about three hours. After this process it took nearly a month to hear from hr and receive an offer.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews - 1 phone, 1 in-person and the last one was by phone as well. Process took under 1 month in total. No skills test for me, and no tricky questions. Spent a lot of time reviewing the company to see if I was a good fit for them; expect to say very little and be judged on your reactions and ability to fit yourself into conversation

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview involved 2 parts: (1) excel test (2)interview. There was 10 minus break btw 2 sessions. For the 1st session, 3 qns involved. For the 2nd session, It last for 30 minutes. The interviewer did not ask for difficult question, basically wanted to know more about me. I was informed there would be second round of interview with director if i was been shortlisted.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.D. Power.

Interview

There's an Excel test; be prepared on your charting skills (formatting the graph to match another already formatted graph, changing axis etc.) and formulas like LEN function and Vlookup (the latter being really important in the work itself), MAX, MIN, the usual........a brief test on how to work SPSS....and the usual interview rounds with the managers and Admin people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      Why did you leave your old job?
      Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through recruitment agent. The process took less than a week. During the interview, you have the change to talk about the past experience and your proficiency level of analytical software. There were two interviewer.