J.D. Power Interview Questions in Troy, MI | Glassdoor

J.D. Power Interview Questions in Troy, MI

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviews are schedules for 3 hour blocks. The first hour is set aside for a testing on basic English skills that isn't overly difficult. You than have two half hour blocks with two research team managers. They will ask you basic information on yourself and your previous work experience/qualifications. Overall it is a trying and exhaustive process so come prepared.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about yourself.. who are you?
      -How has your previous work experience prepared you for this role?
      -Why J.D Power?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't ask for a certain salary. Instead, make it clear that you won't go under a certain amount. For example "I can't go below 40,000." Let them make the first offer.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI).

Interview

Basic work experience questions. Also asked situational questions to gauge how I would preform daily tasks on the job. Interviewed with two separate individuals back-to-back from the specific team that I would eventually join. Then completed a test that they used to gauge my data analysis and report writing skills. Entire interview process was only one day and took just over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple tasks that have varying priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Recieved a phone call from hr to set up interview, told there would be an interview and a basic skills test. On interview day I arrived to find it was actually 3 different interviews each with two different hiring managers/ directors. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly. I was given a chance to discuss past experiences and skills without being interrogated.

After the interview I was given a basic skills test which consisted of simple math and proof reading exercises.

The entire process took about three hours. After this process it took nearly a month to hear from hr and receive an offer.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

Calm interviewing process - you do not feel like you're being interrogated,,,, you feel more like you are just having a discussion about what your work history and experience is. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a professional environment - it's just less emphasis on talking about all the "fluff".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They aren't always able to match vacation days "on paper" but often times you can work out an agreement with the hiring manager.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in June 2008.

Interview

The process consisted of two interviews, one phone interview and one on site interview. The interviews included standard questions, tell me about yourself, what are your quantitative skills, etc. The job was client facing, so there was a lot of emphasis on communication skills, more specifically explaining technical material to non-technical clients.

Interview Questions

• A client is questioning model output, how would you convince him that the results are accurate?   Answer Question