J D Wetherspoon Bar Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Bar Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.0

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in November 2008.

Interview

I had 20 min interview. Basic questions were asked. My experience, how far do I live from the bar, abou my team skills.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do if you will come at work and everyone will be in mad mood?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J D Wetherspoon

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Online application followed by a face to face interview and a work trail. Asked questions about the companies history and was marked on how many times I smiled during the interview. Manager was quite unpleasant and made me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• I am a customer and I have just finished a main meal how would you sell me a dessert?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Bar Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

made news paper towers and got asked what i knew about wetherspoons. had to rank important things customers expects about pubs

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Streatham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Streatham, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

Very informal, only lasted about 15 minutes, was more like a chat with a friend if anything.

Interview Questions

• "What can you bring to the company"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I started part time due to studying and my wage was set at £5.55 (interview was 2007)

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

online stages, had to fill out a questionnaire, very simple. Once that was completed I was asked to attend an interview which took place at the front of the pub on a normal table. I was told there and then I was successful and was informed to attend an "introduction day" which was filling out a booklet all day, 10-4. Didn't get to see around the pub, and one half an hour break. After this was done I started my first shift.

Interview Questions

• "In your previous job explain to me a difficult situation you had to deal with"   Answer Question

Bar Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and took an online questionnaire. The questions were relatively basic and involved personality questions and multiple choice questions. E.g what would you do if children were being too loud in the restaurant?

I was then called for an interview which I believe was quite informal. They asked me about previous experience and why I want to work at wetherspoons.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, min wage

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I filled out an application then a couple of weeks later i recieved an email stating I had an interview. I turned up, i sat down in the restaurant with the manager and she asked me questions about my CV and skills etc. she then offered me the job there and then.

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Shrewsbury, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of an online application detailing why i was suited for this job. After that i was invited into the pub where i was offered a drink and then a face to face interview with the manager ensued. He was friendly and seemed genuinely interested in finding out about me as a person

Interview Questions

• If a customer came up to the bar with something wrong with their meal what would you do?   1 Answer

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Stafford, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the Wetherspoons I was applying for 15m early, and was offered a drink and asked to find a place to sit as I waited for the manager. At the time that my interview was meant to start, the manager came over and introduced himself to me, and told me he needed to go do something real quick, and he'd be right back.

About 5 minutes later, he surfaced with a clipboard and asked me to follow him to a quieter part of the pub.

The interview process is meant to last about 30-40m, and mine lasted about 35m. During this, I was asked a list of questions from a piece of paper, explained the role in more detail, and asked if I had any questions. I was told that I get a call the next day if I was successful in getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have proof of right to work? Do you have a UK bank account?   1 Answer
    • Say I'm a customer who's just finished their meal. How would you try and sell me a desert or drink?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable asking people for ID?   1 Answer
    • Why is teamwork important?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years if you're successful in getting this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the bottom of each page of questions the manager asked, is 3 smiley faces. During the interview, the manager will assess how smiley you're as a person, and will tick those off. Try and smile and be as friendly as possible, as this will definitely influence their decision to hire you.

Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Short, In person, with a wetherspoons interview question sheet. The interview was so very short I is quite possible the interviewer was aware of exactly how bad the working conditions were so simply wanted to fill the position as quickly as possible with whoever was silly enough to fill out the application form.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 4 years time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existant