J D Wetherspoon Bar Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Bar Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.1

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Application was relatively quick and easy, all online. Two days after sending the application, I received a phone call inviting me to interview. Did the interview in person, simple questions about experience and one short role play question. I opted to also do a trial shift, as I have done plenty of bar work before, and I wanted to find out the atmosphere of the place before committing to a contract. Was offered job immediately following trial shift.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J D Wetherspoon

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at a nearby Wetherspoons, but not the one I was applying for. Lots of other people being interviewed for a large number of positions across several different pubs in the same room. Interviewed by one woman.

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Doncaster, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two women, they were very friendly and complimented me on my outfit. Standard interview questions and friendly chat. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was offered a job a few hours later by phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Liverpool, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call on Friday night for an interview on the sunday, which lasted about 30 minutes
    Generic interview questions
    keep smiling - you need to smile at least 3 times to get the job
    got offered a trial shift the following day for 2 hours

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the vacancy on their website and a few days later I got an email asking me to complete the next stage which was a literacy and numeracy test. They were both fairly easy and I got invited to an interview a few days later.
    The duty manager was very friendly, she took me to a quiet area at the back of the pub and we had the interview at one of the tables. It was a pretty informal interview with easy questions like:
    - Tell me about yourself
    - What experience do you have in customer service?
    - Why do you want to leave your current job?
    - What do you know about wetherspoons?
    - Why do you want to work for wetherspoons?
    - Which Wetherspoons pubs have you been in? What did you like about them? What could we have done better?
    - Why do you think the ability to work in a team is so important for this role?
    The interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    She asked me to do a trial shift the next day for 2 hours (unpaid) which I did. It was at their busiest time (Saturday night) so it was quite daunting but everyone was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• She asked me which Wetherspoons pubs I had been to so I answered that and then she asked me what I liked and what I disliked about each one. I found it difficult to say what I disliked because I didn't want to sound offensive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wirral, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Wirral, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online 1/06/15, received email a week later inviting me to an interview on the 10th. Positive, casual interview in the pub received trial shift and induction information at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for Wetherspoons/Are you applying elsewhere?

When have you worked as a team?

What personal qualities do you have that could make you succeed in the job?

What previous work experience do you have?

If a customer complained about cold food what would you do?   Answer Question

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview the very next day. The questions were easy enough and the Manager was friendly. Unfortunately as it was a Christmas temp role, I wasn't offered the job. Overall it was a good experience for me but it depends on the manager?

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Sheffield, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Online application asking standard background questions and CV upload was optional. Was asked very short and basic competency questions. Then was invited to interview a couple of days later and rushed into an offer to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Why are you a good candidate?
      Have you had any past experience?   Answer Question

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online after completing an online maths test and was called for an interview not too long afterwards which was friendly. Consists of you and one of the managers answering questions in the pub.

Bar Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in May 2015.

Interview

Guy interviewing me was running late. Was offered a drink and told I could take a seat where I liked. He arrived around 10 mins later and was very friendly and apologised for being late. He said the interview will take around 20mins, I'd say it was about 15mins long, asked a series of easy to answer questions.