J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.1

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Crewe, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an informal interview with the manager, discussed the role in detail. One of the main things she asked was what I already knew about Wetherspoons, their history, the charities they work with etc.

Once I passed this section the next stage was a trial shift in the kitchens. Just keep as busy as possible and ask questions as you go.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J D Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online which took around 30 minutes. I was then invited for an interview around 4 days later.
    Interview took place at the pub and lasted around 15 minutes. A drink was provided and a number of standard interview questions were asked on the importance of teamwork and knowledge of the company.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Gloucester, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview was very quick, manager had basically decided as i sat down if i was good enough to get the job or not. Was dressed formally which is apparently rare for staff who apply for the spoons however, I would still recommend this to anyone else who applied. Questions fairly simple, classic interview questions and would like some brief knowledge on what you know about the wetherspoons. Knowing what day dots and SOPs are might also be beneficial for your interview. Smiling is also key, so make sure you do so.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Easy. Came in. Spoke about previous experience and what my availability would be to work. She went away to talk to her manager and came back to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with a blunt knife.   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scunthorpe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Scunthorpe, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informal and was done in the seating area of the pub
    Easy questions to answer, just about basic experience e.g. food handling, food safety, are you till trained from previous jobs etc

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bromwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (West Bromwich, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

A fairly standard interview, what you'd expect for this kind of position. Nothing too difficult as long as you've prepared for normal interview questions. There were a few questions specific to this job such as how do you deal with long periods of working on your own.

Interview Questions

• How are you at dealing with long periods of working on your own?   Answer Question

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ives, Cornwall, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Saint Ives, Cornwall, South West England, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Asked basic questions on work experience, was more nervous than me, rushed the interview as had a lot of people to go through. Sat me down one to one. Read from basic interview script.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Met the branch manager, very pleasant. Wasnt given any prior info on the process. Spent most of the time discussing personal interests rather than relevant experience. looking for right people to fit the business as training can be provided quickly.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to work in a team?   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

A one on one interview in a pub. Very informal and pretty straightforward. Asked mainly about past experience in similar occupations. There were also practical questions about what I would do in specific situations e.g: If a customer complained that their meal was cold, what would you do? ; Have you used any of these equipment before? Describe an experience of working in a team. etc.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Good interview. Questions you would expect from an interview. Applied online, got a call from Weatherspoon asking me to come in for an interview. Went in the following week, dressed smart, met one of the managers. Got a call the next day that I was successful and to go in the next day to be inducted.