J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.1

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Customer service based questions , whilst sitting in the bar area. I'd advise you to research the company a lil. Think about past experiences on customer service etc.
    At the end of interview i was asked to do trial shift the following day, then at the end of that, you are told at the end whether you are successful or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with pressure? Or similar   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. Make sure you know basic information/history about them and read the job role/description then you will be fine. I think couple of hrs unpaid trial is not fair. 1. You are not paid for your time 2. It is too shallow to take a couple of hours to see if one worker will fit into your team or not. Minimum wage for overloads of work and long hours...seriously? I am not taking this personal. I think I did very well but they hired some 18 year old boy instead. 2 good things about them tho! Free food and friendly staffs and thats it. I am being honest as much as I can. I am happy for those who got offers tho! Hope you enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Wetherspoons.   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Was sat down in a room of other people being interviewed, the manager of the pub was sat opposite me and next to him someone writing notes down. Overall, the interview was a bit tense and they were simply reading questions off of their list.

Interview Questions

• If a customer says their chips are cold, how should you respond?   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ramsgate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Ramsgate, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job on Saturday evening, offered and interview on the Sunday for Wednesday, I met with the manager and head of kitchen of the newly opening JD Wetherspoon, they were both friendly and the interview was very relaxed, I was told I would hear the outcome of the interview by the following Monday but had been accepted on that Friday, I have an induction in two weeks and training starts in three weeks, before the new pub opens up in a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience working in a kitchen?   1 Answer
    • Do have any experience handling cash / working on tills?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about JD wetherspoons?   1 Answer
    • Why kitchen over bar?   1 Answer
    • Scenario: a customer sends back an order while it is busy, what do you do?   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Andover, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I went into weather spoons with a pint with the wife an on the of chance asked for asked for a job as I worked at weather spoons in the past. They arranged an interview about a week later were I was interviewed by a very nice manager who called me a few days later to say I have the job so I'm very pleased and happy with my role within the kitchens.

Interview Questions

• What would I don't a customer complained about food   1 Answer

Kitchen Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Street, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Street, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy interview didn't really ask many questions, met the manager prior but not kitchen staff. Managed to peer in kitchen and was very cramped and they had issues with their fans so it was smokey.

Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Chatham, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Great welcome and was asked by most of the staff if I wanted a drink and if I was okay while waiting to be interviewed.
    When being interviewed was very calming and they made me feel at ease. Questions where not that hard pretty standard questions just make sure you are prepared for it and have looked up about the restaurant and answered the questions on paper before hand so you can read through to help remember . Very welcoming great interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about JD Wetherspon.   1 Answer
    • Who is Tim Martin?   1 Answer
    • How would you travel to work?   1 Answer
    • If a customer complained about cold food what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Describe you're self in one word?   1 Answer
    • What training do you think you will need?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was emailed to go to an interview and had to click I a link to say that I was deffo coming. Interview was great and they was very friendly and welcoming .

Floor Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

A friendly formal interview took about half an hour with the usual customer service questions. It took place on a table near the bar. Arrived 10 mins early and to wait. If you prepare before hand you will be okay with everything.

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Sheffield, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a week later got an email asking me to attend an interview the next day (today). Arrived early, pub manager was late, understanble as they were busy, very quick interview, around 4 questions, returning next monday for a work trial.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to work in a team?   1 Answer

Floor Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Be confident and smile that's all they want to see, good company to work for they give people chances with no experience. Also helps if you try to show your bubbly personality and that your not afraid and more confident to.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you gave great customer service   2 Answers