J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.5

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Liverpool, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

One on one interview, informal and relaxed lasted for around 30 mins got offered the job on the day and asked to come back for training so no waiting round for an email or phone call, asked basic interview questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J D Wetherspoon

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview was arranged face to face .
    Essential Information about interview received by email and requirements were received after interview and for a different date/time .Interview was fair ,but could have benefitted from information beforehand.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Applied online, called for interview, took the interview, took a trial shift and received a job offer. Very quick, efficient and straightforward. The manager did not write anything down but then I realised he wanted to pay attention to what I was saying.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Loughborough, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very basic however were interested in previous experience and job roles, really focused on whether or not I knew weatherspoons processes exactly or not as every company is different

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was actually very relaxed, the interviewers (pub manager and kitchen manager I think?) were very chatty and made me feel really comfortable. It definitely left me feeling at ease as this was my first interview. Asked quite a few questions just to do with hours and working in a kitchen specifically, nothing too difficult.

*Note: I applied for the job on a Saturday or Sunday and they got back to me by Monday/ Tuesday. Interview was on the Friday of that week (so quite a quick process) and they got back to me about whether I'd got the job or not on the following Monday. They had a recruitment day that same week also (which I had to wait for because I was still sorting my bank out) and they want you to start as soon as you want.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any wacky or funny tallents to bring here?

Why did you apply for this role?

What's your favorite meal here?

This role includes high levels of hygene, are you comfortable with this?

Would you like to work your way up in weatherspoons? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Blackburn, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

interviewed by unit manager,arrived ontime but had to wait nearly 20 mins asked questions i clearly could not know the answer to, then belittled by pointing out answers, seemed like more of a police interview than a job interview, it is of my opinion that because i had worked for an opposition company in the past neither my skills or talent were taken into consideration

Interview Questions

• how do you think my kitchen works   1 Answer

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimborne Minster, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Wimborne Minster, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Straightforward 1 to 1 interview and group induction process. Online and on the job training given for skills in the kitchen, health and safety, ethics and diversity, etc. etc. Questions in induction concerning how you would deal with certain situations. Made aware of company policies and procedures e.g. SOPs, CQSMA, Challenge 25 etc. Most managers involved in the process were personable and easy to get on with.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to lead a team.
      What are your motivations for applying for this role?
      What previous customer experience have you had?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Company had known previous employee experience of one of my friends in the same role which helped.
    Was able to negotiate hours and shifts and holiday without much of a problem (as long as you do this well in advance).

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in August 2015.

Interview

Arrived and told the person at the bar I was here for an Interview and they went and got the person Interviewing me. I had the Interview within the staff room with two shift leaders interviewing me. The Interview was relaxed though one of the people interviewing me was chatty and friendly while the other seem very disinterested and kinda annoyed which made me feel a bit uneasy.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed with no real work experience to speak of. Was invited to an interview soon after. Informal chatty interview with the head chef/manager in the bar upstairs. They asked me what I knew about the company, and I believe my answer to this question was what got me the job. The guy's face lit up as soon as I started reciting Wetherspoons' wikipedia article to him.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

After arriving and greeting the bartender, I was instructed to take a seat and wait for the manager. I was sat there for a while, and the manager was quite late (around 20 minutes if I recall correctly). Once the interview process began I was sat down with the manager and another person taking notes.