J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.0

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hitchin, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Hitchin, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very chill, sat at table and talked about the role I was applying for, asked me some questions about myself and any experience I have had. We talked about what would we expected of me and then I was shown around the pub.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J D Wetherspoon

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Gloucester, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview was very quick, manager had basically decided as i sat down if i was good enough to get the job or not. Was dressed formally which is apparently rare for staff who apply for the spoons however, I would still recommend this to anyone else who applied. Questions fairly simple, classic interview questions and would like some brief knowledge on what you know about the wetherspoons. Knowing what day dots and SOPs are might also be beneficial for your interview. Smiling is also key, so make sure you do so.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online which took around 30 minutes. I was then invited for an interview around 4 days later.
    Interview took place at the pub and lasted around 15 minutes. A drink was provided and a number of standard interview questions were asked on the importance of teamwork and knowledge of the company.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Crewe, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an informal interview with the manager, discussed the role in detail. One of the main things she asked was what I already knew about Wetherspoons, their history, the charities they work with etc.

Once I passed this section the next stage was a trial shift in the kitchens. Just keep as busy as possible and ask questions as you go.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J D Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online which involved simple numeracy, literacy and scenario tests and then a personality test too. Phone call about a week later offering an interview with the kitchen leader for two days later.

Offered a drink upon arrival and got took to the staff room as it was quieter. Was made to feel at ease and interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Lasted around 20 minutes and was asked to go for a trial the following week. Mentioned induction is the next stage after that which always takes place on a Sunday.

They have smiley faces at the bottom of yhe sheet that indicate how much you smiled throughout the interview. I didn't see her tick any off, which I was under the impression they do but she may have done it after I left

Interview Questions

• talk me through your past experience   Answer Question
    • what can you tell me about JD Wetherspoons   Answer Question
    • what is your best quality   Answer Question
    • why is it important to work in a team   Answer Question
    • has there been a time you have worked in a team and been proud of it? for what reason?   Answer Question
    • what do you think will be yhe hardest aspect of working here   Answer Question
    • if you are successful, do you see yourself staying with us for a long amount. where do you see yourself in two years?   Answer Question
    • have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • do you feel it is important for kitchen and bar staff to have a good relationship with the customers   Answer Question
    • scenario:
      customer unhappy with food. it is sent back to the kitchen during a busy period. how would you deal with this?   Answer Question
    • scenario:
      a customer has complained about the waiting time for orders when we are short staffed and very busy. what woukd you do?   Answer Question
    • when are you available?   Answer Question
    • do you have any salary expectations?   Answer Question
    • if you are successful, when can you start?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work here   Answer Question
    • how do you keep yourself motivated   Answer Question
    • if the other staff you work with are in a worse mood than you, how would you deal with this?   Answer Question

Kitchen Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Good interview. Questions you would expect from an interview. Applied online, got a call from Weatherspoon asking me to come in for an interview. Went in the following week, dressed smart, met one of the managers. Got a call the next day that I was successful and to go in the next day to be inducted.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

A one on one interview in a pub. Very informal and pretty straightforward. Asked mainly about past experience in similar occupations. There were also practical questions about what I would do in specific situations e.g: If a customer complained that their meal was cold, what would you do? ; Have you used any of these equipment before? Describe an experience of working in a team. etc.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Customer service based questions , whilst sitting in the bar area. I'd advise you to research the company a lil. Think about past experiences on customer service etc.
    At the end of interview i was asked to do trial shift the following day, then at the end of that, you are told at the end whether you are successful or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with pressure? Or similar   1 Answer

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Informal chat following email communication of my interview date/information needed. We went through the questions and I was able to explain around them, as well as ask any additional questions. I was made well informed of the process i.e the 2-4 hour unpaid work trial and the induction period of 13 weeks and the job requirements. The whole process took around 30-40 minutes and the member of staff who interviewed me was really lovely. The only downside is that I was interviewed in the pub itself and not in a quieter more private room which may of been beneficial to both of us.

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Very simple and informal chat over coffee - few questions nothing out of the ordinary just general past experience questions. no tests. will be invited in for a trial shift usually about 4 hours long.

Interview Questions

• would you be available for cover and short notice   1 Answer

J D Wetherspoon Response

Jul 5, 2016 – Recruitment and Training Manager

Many thanks for your comments