J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.0

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Liverpool, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, I was invited by text and it took place in the pub. Although it was in front of customers which i found quite daunting.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about wetherspoons?
    Why would you like to work here?
    What would you do if a customer sent their food back?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J D Wetherspoon

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton upon Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Burton upon Trent, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview went extremely well and the lady who interviewed me said she was very impressed and was confident that I would receive a call back regarding the job offer, so I was almost certain that I was successful, two weeks later, no call back whatsoever, plain rude and job was given to somebody else.
    Led on to believe a false sense of hope. Terrible company, don't even bother.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to work as part of a team?   2 Answers

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in January 2019.

Interview

Bad. Interviewer turned up late by 5 minutes, but I wasn’t too fussed. Then asked me questions which felt a bit unrelated to the job. Also, I said “the job has good employee ratings”. She said “where did you see these ratings” I replied “on sites such as glassdoor.com”. She replied “I tend not to look at them sites because it’s full of people complaining”. And now, here I am, writing a review because they sent me an email saying “review your interview experience on glassdoor.com”. Also got disturbed half way through the interview by staff telling my interviewer she received “a phone call from her husband”. It was a bit unprofessional, but the interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important when working as a team?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer
    • When have you gone out your way for other people?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and was given an interview the following week in the pub. Application process was very simple.
    Interview went over basics like past experience etc. I received an offer a couple of days later and had to come back for an induction.
    The Induction lasted quite long - got a tour of the pub and had to then do online training before starting work.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

It was a simple online application and about a week later they asked me to come in for an interview at the pub. Where they sat with me and asked a couple questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. They need people to work for them so they are not really too fussy as long as you have some sort of kitchen experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helston, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Helston, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Very little eye contact from the interviewer. I got the impression the interviewer was trying to promote himself as some kind of trendsetter. He got confused with the questioning from the notes he was using.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about teamwork?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in August 2018.

Interview

Interviewer never turned up (However had good reason) and the staff promised they'd tell him i had come for my interview and they said they'd rearrange, it's been over a week and still no word from anyone

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

When I arrived I was greeted by the pub manager who told me to wait for the kitchen manager. He arrived about 5 minutes later and we sat down in a quieter area of the pub. I was nervous at first but he was friendly and the questions were pretty easy so I relaxed quickly. That was on the Thursday and he told me I would find out how I had done on Saturday but I didn’t find out I was unsuccessful till the following Tuesday. Other than that everything was great.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you’ll face in this role?   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in July 2018.

Interview

Process took about 1 week from completing the online application to getting an interview. Sat down with the Kitchen manager and Bar manager in the restaurant. Nice and relaxed. Answered interview questions and had a general discussion.