J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J D Wetherspoon Kitchen Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.0

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leek, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Leek, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

EASY! interview went very quickly as the interviewer said the interview sheet was rubbish. Went off topic a lot and just had a fun chat. They were easy questions and was not asked to answer any of the sanario questions as there was no point. very friendly relaxed environment with a free drink.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
    what is your best quality?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J D Wetherspoon

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Newcastle, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, relaxed and easy.

Friday interview.
    Invited in the following Monday for an induction. Worked four hours unpaid, no problems as I have three years kitchen experience and this was more as a stop off while I went back into education.

Was told I had the job and expect a phone call on the Friday to tell me when I started. They even took my shoe and dress seizes for my work uniform.

Didn't receive a phone call, instead a crappy automated email to say I was unsuccessful.

Went in on the Monday, spoke to the manager and he said we are used to a more fast paced environment. Im used to making everuthing from scratch, this was a joke. Disgusting. Wouldn't have minded if they didn't say I didn't get the job...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked under pressure   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brigg, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Brigg, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Went online to apply where I had to enter lots of information about my previous experience in hospitality and other relevant information. I then had to complete four online tests; Numeracy, Literacy, Situation Questionnaire and a Personality Questionnaire. After this I received an email which confirmed that they had received my application and that if I don't hear from them within 14 days then the application was unsuccessful. I received an email 5 days later inviting me for an interview in 4 days. The evening of the day after the interview I received a phone call saying that I had got the job and that I was to attend a documentation interview in 5 days time.

Interview Questions

• When has working as a team been most satisfying?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you have which are relevant to the job role?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about JD Wetherspoons   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was negotiation but they asked what size uniform I would require as they are currently organising ordering the uniform for all staff

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application form online and they rang me about a week later telling me I had gotten an interview.i then received an email the day before the interview saying it was an assessment day and would last approx. 4 hours. I went in and there was about thirty people there and we all introduced ourselves. Everything was really relaxed and informal. Then we played some bingo game to get to know each other. This was followed by a team activity where we had to come up with a signature dish. We had a break and when we came back we were divided into two groups my group went for interviews while the other did another team activity (pretend. You were on an island, you had to prioritise the items) and then the two groups swapped. The interview was basic questions and was very relaxed. I got a phone call 5 days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself motivated?   1 Answer