J. Jill Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Jill Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Jill Group in December 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter. Had phone interview with her. afterwards an in person interview was set up with the district manager. After that interview, contacted by recruiter again to set up final interview with regional director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiations. I put my salary expectation on my application. District manager offered me much lower, but HR actually makes decision. When I received offer, HR met my original ask. Don't undervalue yourself. Know what you're worth and ask for it.

Visual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Really great, down to earth people. Great product and a buttoned-up growing company. Top brass seems creative and on point. They know who their customer is and stay true to their brand. Fingers crossed. No offer yet but hopeful!

Interview Questions

• My reason for choosing them.   1 Answer

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill Group.

Interview

The interview took over 4 weeks and in the end they said they decided to look at other candidates. This interview was a bit of a joke, but I did it for experience with them anyways. They required me to do a test, which took over an hour. Then after 2 weeks, they say they made a mistake with the test so that I have to redo the test. It was their mistake, yet I needed to take another hour doing the test. I did anyways, to see what happens. After doing this I have another phone interview with the hiring manager, and they decide to look at other candidates, never tell me what I did wrong, I am guessing the test.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my skills match what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was great, very smooth. The company as a whole is geared on growth from within, training and development; which is key. I can tell by meeting the HR Director that this company will do well in the future and only evolve. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Jill Group in April 2016.

Interview

Very simple hiring process. I applied in person and the store manager asked me to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was chatty, general questions about my work history, explanation of store goals, emphasized how much fun sales team had together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience in retail?   1 Answer

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Jill Group.

Interview

An absolute nightmare. HR at J Jill is a complete joke. The HR woman emailed me saying she received my resume and said she'd like to conduct a phone interview, and asked when was best for me. I emailed her back and didn't hear anything. Three days later she sends the exact same email, so again, I give her my available days and we set a day to talk (she also asked for my resume again, even after confirming she had it). That day comes and she doesn't call. After waiting a while, I give her a call and it goes to her voicemail. Meeting ran long. No problem, I understand that happens. The next set day comes, and again, silence. I call her and get her voicemail, leave her a voicemail, and send her an email. She emails me back saying she put me in her calendar for the next day (which was incorrect), so I had to wait another day to talk to her.

The only reason I put difficult for the interview is because of her.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Norcross, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

They made the effort to make sure I was comfortable during the interview, and encouraged me to question them on the work environment as well. The callback was quick and the manager I spoke with had a consistently positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to easily establish a comfortable relationship with the customers who come through our store?   Answer Question

Multiple Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long and a waste of time really since what I was told I would be doing was way off the chart with no job description whatsoever.

I met with various teams and listened to their issues and concerns about their current environment.

Met with the CIO who said this is a start of something new and you are hear at the right time??

Interview Questions

• can you whiteboard? Do charts and diagrams???   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

First step was a telephone interview to discuss my work experience and resume. A week later I was invited to the corporate office to meet with SVP, HR. The interview consisted of a review of my resume along with questions I asked. Two weeks later, I was invited back to meet with a potential colleague and the Senior Director of Talent Mgmt. The meeting with the staff member consisted of basic questions regarding my work style. The meeting with Talent Mgmt was informative and resourceful. She asked me multiple questions regarding my work history and preferred mgmt style. I enjoyed visiting the office and meeting the folks unfortunately they decided not to move forward with my candidacy. I sent thank you letters after each interview and a final thank you when I received word they decided not to move forward. Never received a response from any of the correspondence I sent.

Interview Questions

• What did like least about your former boss?
      Do you socialize with co workers after business hours?
      Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I walked into the store to ask if they were hiring as they didn't post a "now hiring" sign on their window like other retail stores. The the store manager happened to be there, spoke with me for a bit and handed me an application. I completed the application there at the store and received a call for an interview within the week. there was a one-on-one interview with more of a conversation with questions instead of a typical list of questions. I was told that my background and references would be checked and then I was offered the job about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• No routine questions, the interviewer really got to know me.   1 Answer