J. Jill Group Interview Questions in Quincy, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.1

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was great, very smooth. The company as a whole is geared on growth from within, training and development; which is key. I can tell by meeting the HR Director that this company will do well in the future and only evolve. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep applying.

Multiple Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long and a waste of time really since what I was told I would be doing was way off the chart with no job description whatsoever.

I met with various teams and listened to their issues and concerns about their current environment.

Met with the CIO who said this is a start of something new and you are hear at the right time??

Interview Questions

• can you whiteboard? Do charts and diagrams???   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

First step was a telephone interview to discuss my work experience and resume. A week later I was invited to the corporate office to meet with SVP, HR. The interview consisted of a review of my resume along with questions I asked. Two weeks later, I was invited back to meet with a potential colleague and the Senior Director of Talent Mgmt. The meeting with the staff member consisted of basic questions regarding my work style. The meeting with Talent Mgmt was informative and resourceful. She asked me multiple questions regarding my work history and preferred mgmt style. I enjoyed visiting the office and meeting the folks unfortunately they decided not to move forward with my candidacy. I sent thank you letters after each interview and a final thank you when I received word they decided not to move forward. Never received a response from any of the correspondence I sent.

Interview Questions

• What did like least about your former boss?
      Do you socialize with co workers after business hours?
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview began with the individual in HR who recruited me. She asked several questions about my resume and why I wanted to work at the company. This section lasted roughly 15-30 minutes. After, the team that I would be wkeninf under came in and they interviewed as well. The interview was very relaxed and easy going. Overall the interview process took about 2 hours.

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Interview process was fast and efficient from the start. Someone followed up with me in a timely manner and explained everything I needed to know from start to finish. Everyone was very warm and welcoming.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview followed up by another interview. It was more finding out if I would click with the executive. Once I finished the process I was call and offered a job very quickly.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Standard HR questions.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called in and asked to meet with the Art Director in-person. When we had our interview we discussed my previous positions and went over my resume. I then presented my portfolio and fielded various questions regarding my process, typography and layout choices. We then discussed my workflow, as well as, the workflow of the position.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

HR or Recruiting person was extremely short with me and spoke over me several times during the phone interview. I had seen some poor reviews here and I sent an email requesting explanation of them from the companies point of view. She would never let me speak through the whole interview. Then hung up on me. Not very profession behavior at all. The salary she quoted was EXTREMELY low for someone with a high level of experience as myself. They want something for nothing.

Interview Questions

• I cannot believe the recruiter asked me the most basic questions of where and what I did in my past. She had my resume right in front of her. So did I. LoL   1 Answer

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief, I met with two people and interviewed with them both at the same time. They asked me a lot of generic interview questions. I showed them my portfolio and that was pretty much it

Client Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill Group (Quincy, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of an hr interview, a technical phone interview, which consisted of OOD questions, followed by two in-person interviews with the development manager, a senior software engineer and the director of IT. It was an easy technical interview, if you know your core OOD principals, you'll be OK.

Interview Questions

It seems like a great company to work for, but their IT infrastructure is in the process of getting rebuilt. They don't currently have a formal development process, a project plan or even a QA department. They rely on other employees to get their QA done. The people seemed nice, but I rejected the offer because the offer was not what I was looking for and because they were in the process of creating a new infrastructure. It just seemed like it would be a very chaotic place to work in.