J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

3.2

165 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very straight forward and mostly conversational. Conversation surrounded around internship experience, college experience, and job expectations. Interview consisted of phone interview with HR representative and an in-person interview with the manager of the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Interview

Super easy. Asked me if I️ knew what the job was. Asked if I️ had an understanding of the impact. Then asked for qualifications. I️ was able to answer everything and it was pretty straightforward.

Analyst Interview

Interview

There is video screening before two rounds of interviews. The screening will come after you submitted the application. So apply early. The interview questions are standard, but be prepared because it's video format.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work at JP Morgan   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Fair questions, straight-forward. They were very nice and were honest with their opinions of the firm and what were the ups and downs of the role. Overall, everything was well and I would definitely try recruiting there again.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied for the job and immediately got an email requesting that I do a digital interview through HireVue. The interview interview consisted of 4 questions and you get 30 seconds to prepare for each question. You get 3 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview, and in person interview at the headquarters in NYC. Relatively easy and smooth. But can be challenging for non finance major. Had an interview with many VP, then with another one

Interview Questions

• Why IB, and why JPM? Described you had to make a hard decision   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening, then was asked to come in. The on-site interview consisted of three interviews, each 20-30 minutes long. I wasn't really expecting any technical questions since I was a recent graduate; all questions were standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and learned from it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The experience was very nice. I got a quick response from the hiring manager. The office was great and they had a lot of very hard working and talented people to discuss the position with

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was invited to a Superday event at NYC. It included a group discussion and 3-round P2P interviews. After that, I did several rounds of remote interview with different teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Global Wealth Management Analyst Program in October 2016. Within 1-2 weeks, I received an invitation to do a video interview (via Yello, not HireVue) with 3 recorded questions.

I heard back 1 week later with an invitation to the Superday in NYC. The Superday consisted of 3 back-to-back half hour interviews. My first interview was with a Managing Director & Associate, second was with a Vice President & Associate, and the last was with an Executive Director & Associate. Questions were mostly behavioral (biggest achievement, lowest point in your life and how you dealt with it, what are 2 industries that you think would be perfect for you) but also had some technical questions too which ranged from market sizing to explaining a financial concept to an 8 year old. Messed up the interview but did extensive networking in the event the day after Superday and managed to secure a final round interview 2 months later.

The final round interview was one-on-one online interview with a Managing Director. Questions ranged from resume probes including the interests section, a discussion of current trends in the market, and an asset allocation question.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the size of the toothbrush market in (city of your choice).   1 Answer
    • Explain to an 8-year old how a bank makes money.   1 Answer
    • Explain how you would allocate $1 million in a portfolio for a client with your risk preferences in the short, medium, and long term.   Answer Question