J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was tough and very selective, depending on your education, uni and skills. They interview first over the phone and if you get through that stage they will want to see you in person

Interview Questions

• What would I invest in right now   1 Answer
  • Why I want to to work Here   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't that great

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Assessment Centre consisting of a case study exercise, group activity and 2 half an hour interviews- Small group of people in the assessment centre, you can tell that everyone is secretly very competitive and everyone was rushing to be the time keeper in the group activity. Case study was hard, time flies so use every moment you can- overall really bad experience, be prepared for the worst...

Interview Questions

• Asked loads of brainteaser questions such as theres a lily in the pond, the lily doubles in size every minute, how big was it at 30 seconds and another one that was about a boy and a girl who were born at the same day same time but they aren't related   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic interview questions, and then was given different problems to solve. It was not that tense, given the hospitality of the interviewers. very interesting and first hand experience. Was unexpected in some moments, but tide over .

Interview Questions

• WHat was your previous jobs?
      Why did you want to be part of JPMorgan?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very horrible i had a experience of 1 year so i applied for this job but they started asking about the markets. Knowledge of the markets is a must for this job. know the global markets how it works its impact and the its causes on the company. Must know how it exactly works. Difference between one market and another market.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy process meeting around ten people in the team, from other analysts to MD. Each interview was different, with some being more technical than others. Overall, it had a good mix of technical (corporate finance, capital markets, and math/statistics/brain teasers, etc.) as well as behavioral questions. Overall process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• From basic "Tell me about yourself" to brain teasers/capital markets related questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions

• Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

This process is a joke. The job ad went up on a Friday afternoon, and I applied on a Sunday night. So the ad had literally been up only 48 hours. I had precisely the experience they asked for. Every bullet point they had, I hit. Keep in mind, this particular role required some very obscure skills, which I had as well.

One day later "Sorry you were not chosen to interview". OK. So are you telling me that after 48 hours (on a weekend, no less) you somehow got all the applicants for the role that intended to apply, looked over all their resumes, got in touch with the hiring managers, and then made your choice, choosing from the best applicants? Right. I just don't see how that is possible, because it's not. How do you reject someone before other people have even applied? Who are you rejecting them against?

My guess, is that there is some not too bright person who is not able to grasp what the role really is all about, and how many people out there can actually do that job, and just pushes the "reject" button without knowing who or what they are rejecting. Or maybe some higher ups are not too bright either and don't want someone with more experience to make themselves look bad. Either way. Yuck.

Interview Questions

• None, because I am not convinced they even read your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Very thorough, very friendly people, a bit quant

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept it, amazing company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions

• Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (City of London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

met with the Head of the Desk, ED and VP and VP of another desk
    4h interview
    why sales, why you
    a lot of technical questions, went really in details, obviously if you choke on one question they will try to eff you up even more.

even though i didn't get the job, it helped a lot experience wise, i realised what i needed to work on and how they would actually conduct an interview of the kind.