J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was invited to a Superday event at NYC. It included a group discussion and 3-round P2P interviews. After that, I did several rounds of remote interview with different teams.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening, then was asked to come in. The on-site interview consisted of three interviews, each 20-30 minutes long. I wasn't really expecting any technical questions since I was a recent graduate; all questions were standard behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First you have to fill the application form (takes about 1h30min).
    If you are successful, a phone interview follows that lasts aprox. 30-45min.
    The last stage is the Assessment Centre which includes group exercises and face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview process included mainly competency based questions (e.g. about teamwork, personal strengths, problem solving abilities) as well as questions regarding the firm and the role.
      Be ready to show your motivations for applying to the specific position.
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview each lasting about an hour. HR round was the last one wherein salary was discussed. The HR was involved mostly with the logistics of setting up of the interview. The rest of the process was carried out by the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 most important strengths and weaknesses
      How would you describe your typical day?
      What are your plans of marriage?

Say something about your current profile?
      Why do you want to change?
      How do you see yourself 5 yrs from now?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

It had 3 rounds of interview. The interviews take time and many a times your resume travels across verticals to find a best fit for you. If that happens then the interview process becomes lengthy and may go beyond 3 rounds. The 3 rounds are - HR round, Technical round with Hiring manager & Vlast one with vertical head

Interview Questions

• Asset management. Technical questions with medium difficulty. The focus is on knowledge of whats happening on internationally in Financial services industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied in October 2016 after a company presentation. I received a phone call on January for a phone interview, which was held a week later. Two weeks later I received an invitation by email for the Assessment Center in Geneva. It was a group case with presentation, followed by three 30 min interviews with senior bankers.

Interview Questions

• If you had 1 million USD, how would you invest it in the current market conditions?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

It was a online face to face interview.......only behaviour questions were asked like challenges faced, accomplishments, how u dealt with various situations....to my surprise, not even a single basic technical question was asked....however, i was told that i will be informed about 2nd round with the manager.........and after two working days...I was infomed via mail that i am not selected.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for structuring, but got an interview for sales. I was annoyed because I did not want to do sales. Went straight to the AC, no first round interview. I had three interviews with managers for three different teams. Half of us were sent home after lunch, whereas the other half got to meet the respective team.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone interview, just general questions about my background. In person was all behavior based and previous experience. No technical questions. Met with two different people

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

All qualitative. Asked mainly why you wanted to be in asset management and why JP Morgan is the place for you. Walked through resume and mainly just wanted to see if you were someone that fit the firm culture.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an asset allocation for a 50 year old with $5 million in assets.   Answer Question