J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had three rounds with Senior Managers and asked me what I wanted to do and why I would like to join the company

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied to a rotational program for recent college graduates. I received an initial call from HR and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview covered basic interview questions such as examples of being a team player, excel use, etc. Following the phone interview, I was brought to an inhouse interview where I met with a few managers and completed a team exercise.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Great interview, friendly manager and easy going.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview dealt with business processes and critical thinking. I entered the company via an entry level analyst program. The interviewers were great and highly professional and discussed the various opportunities available with the company.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty stright forward process phone interview, then usually a superday. I found the process to be easy to get through as long as you know anything about the markets and are personable....

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Don't recall, it was a long time ago but I do recall it was quick - maybe an hour long?

Negotiation

none, it was take it or leave it ....and this was before the market tanked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

This process is a joke. The job ad went up on a Friday afternoon, and I applied on a Sunday night. So the ad had literally been up only 48 hours. I had precisely the experience they asked for. Every bullet point they had, I hit. Keep in mind, this particular role required some very obscure skills, which I had as well.

One day later "Sorry you were not chosen to interview". OK. So are you telling me that after 48 hours (on a weekend, no less) you somehow got all the applicants for the role that intended to apply, looked over all their resumes, got in touch with the hiring managers, and then made your choice, choosing from the best applicants? Right. I just don't see how that is possible, because it's not. How do you reject someone before other people have even applied? Who are you rejecting them against?

My guess, is that there is some not too bright person who is not able to grasp what the role really is all about, and how many people out there can actually do that job, and just pushes the "reject" button without knowing who or what they are rejecting. Or maybe some higher ups are not too bright either and don't want someone with more experience to make themselves look bad. Either way. Yuck.

Interview Questions

• None, because I am not convinced they even read your resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online after recruiters at my university's information session encouraged me to apply. About a week or so after I applied, I received a phone call from an analyst who asked me basic behavioral questions and my interest in S&T. Shortly thereafter I received a follow up email from JPM telling me that I had been selected for a super day in NYC where I had four back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked how my major related to the position I was applying for and after I responded he then said he didn't believe my answer   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interview began with initial interview with recruiter for the first round. Then second round was at headquarters in NYC. Most questions were standard background and fit questions, such as walking through background and work experience, why JPM, career goals, teamwork example, strength and weaknesses. After interview in NY, because I was up for position in SF, I had a third round of interviews in SF. SF interviews were also fit and background questions.

Interview Questions

• No real surprise questions, a few questions about current market and whats influencing the macro economic landscape.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic interview questions, and then was given different problems to solve. It was not that tense, given the hospitality of the interviewers. very interesting and first hand experience. Was unexpected in some moments, but tide over .

Interview Questions

• WHat was your previous jobs?
      Why did you want to be part of JPMorgan?
      Answer Question