J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online, 2 rounds phone interview. 3rd interview was onsite

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

All qualitative. Asked mainly why you wanted to be in asset management and why JP Morgan is the place for you. Walked through resume and mainly just wanted to see if you were someone that fit the firm culture.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an asset allocation for a 50 year old with $5 million in assets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Private Bank interview all behavioral; there was one technical question about how you would structure a clients portfolio, but nothing too complex. know the general vibe of the markets too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Difficult, and long process. They are very particular about what they want and ask very detailed questions. It is good practice for other interviews. Make sure you do research on the company and you come prepare with the material you are applying for.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had 2 one on one interviews. I the first one did not go as well as I expected to because the interviewer did not seem to be that interested in my skill set. I had a better experience with the second, she was easy to talk to and had a lot of questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you need to work on?
      Tell me about you problem solver skills?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

As a test, I sent my application at 5PM on a bank holiday. Thus, they were closed. At 6PM I got an email saying I was rejected. But they "thoroughly reviewed my qualifications." Right. How is that possible when you were closed that day? Why do you post job that do not exist?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very technical. Like B.S. model, formula..how do you understand it. Greeks.
    Also asked regular questions like behavior questions.
     It really depend on the team. First they want to see if you have the hard skills like math, then they want to see if your personality matches the team. I felt like the longer the interview was the more they like you and would like to ask you more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I attended a conference and got this interview. A statistician interviewed with me and asked a lot of questions. One question was like this, why those chase branches that had strong windows got robbed more. The interviewer also asked about how to deal with missing data and variable selections.

Interview Questions

• I didn't give an instantaneous response to that robbery and window question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Begins with a phone interview, if passed you are called in for a day of interview referred to as "Super Day" which consists of 2-3 interviews with managers at the VP level or above. I had 2 interview with Managing Directors, who were both heads of business units at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview that consisted of going over my credentials in my resume. That was followed up with a 1:1 interview where more in depth questions were asked and they asked for my opinions. It is good to have follow up questions. And then in the last interview, I talked to a group of people about the team I would work with and it worked out well from there.