J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

On-boarding Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After putting in the resume I had to conduct a HireVue video interview, I was then contacted by a recruiter who asked to conduct a video interview over the internet for a position out of state.

Interview Questions

• They asked multiple questions regarding soft skills and scenario based questions like "Have you ever been in this situation, how would you have acted"

They elaborated more about their position and emphasized the high productivity and fast paced environment I would be working in if I were to get the job. Besides the scenario based questions they asked about possible new skills I would bring to the section particularly about presenting information and dealing with timelines.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and on JP Morgan's website as well. I received an email for a phone screen a few weeks later. It was pretty basic with some behavioral questions, why JPM, etc. Less than a week later I got another email from he recruiter stating I was invited to fly to Phoenix for a super day. It consisted of 2 behavioral interviews by people working in operations and a group exercise. The interviewers in this round expected a bit more detailed answers but the questions were relatively similar to the ones in the phone screen. The group exercise was the most challenging part of the day. They give you pieces of information and have you solve a logic problem as a group (8 other candidates) without showing each other what info you have. Only talking is allowed, no writing. Having woken up at 4am the same day to fly across the country, I was really exhausted at this point and was not able to focus or talk enough to do well. I think this is why I ultimately was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to solve a complex problem. What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Real Estate Hub City Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with several functional leaders from many of the different functional lines including the team executive and his peer group over a 3 week period. The process was quick - one-on-one 1/2 hr interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was 1 thing that I would do differently in the organization   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online within the next week got a call from recruiter I did about a 15 min phone interview with them which went good after that she forward my app to the district manager who then called me a couple of days later to do a face to face interview i did 2 with him n a Branch manager.

LFR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tempe, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

HIRED THRUOGH A TEMP SERVICE

Interview Questions

• how problems were solved if one occured   1 Answer

Mortgage Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Went through one phone interview and three in-person interviews. The HR Recruiter took 2-3 weeks to contact me even though I received a "We are interested" reply which said I would be contacted within 3 days, and notwithstanding I followed up through email three additional times. I was tossed around by 4 different team supervisors through multiple interviews, always interviewing with a different person than I was scheduled for. Never getting to the right person. Was talked to like I would get the job but then strung along for 3 months of circus before I finally squeezed a decision out of them, which was that they couldn't make a decision so it was a pass. I am more than qualified for this job and glad I didn't hire on because the management incompetence was glaring.

Their training program lasts two weeks and is very poor. My friend went through it and said they don't properly cover the systems used and thus feels unprepared to be on the phones though willing to learn but not supported.

Interview Questions

• "How did you hear about this job?" is the first question.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mesa, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and I was asked questions about specific examples of different customer service scenarios (e.g. A time when you had to deal with an angry customer). There was one point where the interviewer excused himself and then took literally ten minutes to get back and I could of swore he was just behind me in the lobby conversing with others. He then asked any questions I had and put me to his assistant who asked me questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions was likely one of the questions where he asked "Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a customer..". Sometimes you just have nuver run into a time where you dealt with the specific situations.   Answer Question

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

The process was orginized, got there early they took me in when the appt was scheduled . The interview last 30 minutes. They asked a few fairly easy questions, it took 3 days to hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• When reviewing an appraisal what areas would you be most concerned with.   1 Answer
    • What documents would you request for a self employed individual.   1 Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Online tests are tricky. Be alert and focus on what Chase would expect from an employee.

Interview Questions

• The test was time consuming. Is it necessary?   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tempe, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and after about a week got a call from the headquarters to set up an appointment with the local corporate office. I was interviewed by two managers who were both very friendly and laid back. After the interview they stated I will hear back from them in a week. I didn't, so I called the only number provided to me (which was the headquarters) and she said she hasn't heard from the managers who interviewed me and she'll get back to me after she talks to them. I still haven't heard anything 3 weeks later, so I guess I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to explain a policy to an upset customer and what did you do to help him understand.   Answer Question