J.P. Morgan Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

3.1

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

phone screen first. then 1:1 interview with questions and answers for three rounds, one with reporting manager, three with senior managers and last one with general auditor. wait for a couple of month. made an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2015.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews with dept. peers. The first interview was enlightening. the interviewer provided me with a detailed description of what the job entailed. I moved on to the 2nd interviewer. The 2nd interviewer seems like s/he had already interviewed someone that s/he felt was a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone screen followed by two in-person interviews. Starts with fundamentals and goes into details and I suggest a solid Java fundamentals knowledge would be a good thing before the interview.

Interview Questions

• In person interviews are a kind of deep dive. I had the second in-person interview for 1.5 hrs covering most of the Java programming skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with the VP, Associate and ED. They were looking for someone with the right technical skills and personality. it had taken them about a year and a half to find someone with the appropriate skill set for the job.

Interview Questions

• how do you book a mark to mark entry   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I was called because an employee referred me to the position. My resume fit well with the job description. I was overly qualified for the position but it was a way into a great firm. I spoke with the Group Head, Manager, VP and other subordinates.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your current job for a lower salary and title?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interivew with five people on conference call. Detailed questions regarding background, experience, and hypothetical scenarios on how I would deal with a case.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I would handle a case - specific steps.   2 Answers

Negotiation

HR is very friendly and you can ask for more money and they may be able to get it to you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Total time from 1st phone call until hiring took about three weeks. A total of 2 interviews. One interview was with 3 with different people. The other (final) interview was just with the hiring manager. Standard questions. Nothing difficult.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

This was quick in terms of technical rounds. The Hr rounds were pathetically delayed as usual. They were never on time. Getting them on phone was like getting God. Had it not been hr this could have been faster.

Interview Questions

• On Fund accounting and based on my past experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Delayed response from HR

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

4 technical round and one hr round.process was smooh. interview calls were on time. need to wait at least half an hour inspite they ask to come 10 minutes before.
    Interview is friendly .they involve you in good dicscuuion and give to brainstorm on the questions asked

Interview Questions

• show many to many relation using one table   1 Answer

good

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews including two telephonic from NYC and a live Java coding test in the office. Questions on Java. Spring, Servlets, Mongo DB, SOAP and REST services, design patterns. Overall good interviews but few questions were very bookish. From the interviews it didn't seem like the organisation is at par with latest market technology trends.

Expectations not matched