J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

3.1

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a technical phone screen with two senior members of the team. They immediately invited me in for an onsite with the whole team, but did not pay for the flight ticket and room. Highly technical superday interview, verbal offer was made at the end of the onsite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an 7-hour onsite grilling, by 7 different people. Most of the interviewers were friendly and wanted me to succeed, but one of them was kinda rude and asked questions that I clearly didn't know the answer to based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• sorting algorithms, brainteasers, math questions (a simple differential equation, some stochastic calculus), something about credit default swaps   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying on the company's website, I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone interview, which was followed by another phone interview with a VP on the team. Following that, I had 4 other interviews - 2 onsite and 2 over phone - with different members of the team where my technical, behavioral, and PM skills were assessed. We also discussed my background and previous experience.

The recruiter was very prompt and helpful and made sure that the entire process was smooth and efficient. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult client situation? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe Waterfall and Agile methodologies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple interviews in one day that can be daunting but gets it over with. Interviewers spanned all aspects of the business which was good for me and them. Overall it was a pleasant experience given that it was an interview situation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Resume Drop at career fair
    Step 2: HR screening
    Step 3: VP from different teams interview me separately (4 teams), try to match my background to their expectations
    Step 4: HR negotiation and offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very friendly. You have to work a lot doing networking before the interview at least for Private Banking. They will ask you questions about Markets and related to a Private Wealth Case. It lasted one hour and got the response the same day. Be prepared to answer some behavioral questions and to do the resume walk.

Interview Questions

• What would happen with banks' bottom line if interest rates rise faster than expected?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Please be wary of applying for multiple positions at JP Morgan. I applied for two positions and interviewed for both positions which were for different teams within the company. Both hiring managers sent offers for both positions. Electronically, I accepted the offer for the position I wanted and declined the second offer. I contacted the hiring leader of the position I decined to thank her for her time and let her know I would be pursuing another position at the comapany - which I thought was the courteous thing to do. Within 2 days iIstarted to receive really rude emails from the recruiter for the position i declined telling me that I displayed "lack of candor" in the interview process and both offers would be declined. I currently work for another fortune 500 company and candidates often choose between 1 or more offers. Apparently JP Morgan would like for candidates to select the first offer that comes their way. Be very wary when applying at this company. i was one day away from putting in my 2 weeks notice at my current job when all of this transpired.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. A common one was "how do you handle a difficult person"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was rigid. One offer added the bonus into the salary as a second item to meet my requirements but was still a few k short of what I desired.

Associate Interview

Interview

Recruiter contact, online application.
    2 phone interviews before on site interview day.
    5-6 in person and conference call interviews on site the day of.
    On the on site portion I was placed in a conference room in one of their downtown (financial district offices) and the interviewers were brought in throughout the day to conduct the interviews.
    This was for a technical position and most questions reflected real business use cases faced in the past or that the team was currently facing.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an application system to maximize efficiency, minimize response time, and create the best user experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm