J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

3.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee to apply online. Fairly simple application form. Was invited to a phone interview which was not the typical HR generalist filter. It was with a junior associate, who focused almost exclusively on quantitative questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on dilution, valuation and financial accounting   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview

The process was a traditional MBA school process.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied thorugh linkedin, i have been quickly contacted by HR people and we set an interview with two directors in a week. The interview was very conversational and fairly conducted. However with very great disapointement no feedback has been provided after 1 moth. Never happen before.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage this, which product your more expert on and so on..   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed in jp Morgan in September. I have cleared all rounds - 2 technical, 1 manager round . They gave me one dairy and told to take online test . I have cleared online test too. HR called after 4 days and discussed about package , she said that within two weeks I will receive offer letter. 3 weeks complete d still no call/mail from HR. When I called her , she said that manager is not ready to take you in that project. Its simply waste of time to attend and clearing interview . If they don't have opening they should not conduct interview . If i am not suited then they can tell before discussing package and all. They will simply conduct interviews to waste our time.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process had 1 written test on paper and 5 F2F interview. The written test had 30 multiple choice questions to test the understanding of core java. Then followed 5 F2F rounds and the questions were mostly on design patterns, multithreading, frameworks and of course data structures and algorithms. After all the rounds were over i was told my experience was less and they cannot consider me for the position i was interviewed for. I was like WTF. My experience was clearly mentioned on the resume and i had cleared all the technical rounds. Later the HR during the salary negotiation tells me that i was rejected because my maturity levels were low. And then i understood looking at the t-shirt i was wearing. There was something written on my shirt and so i was denied a position. By now you would have understood what kind of work culture prevails at the jp morgan bangalore office. Before the interview i was informed by my friends to stay away from this company. I wasted my one full day at the jp morgan bangalore office. I would suggest you to stay away from this company if you are from tier 1 colleges or good product companies. I could make out that the work culture is like service based companies.

Interview Questions

• Sorting in a distributed systems. Min Heap implementation   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me through my mobile. Interviewers are very friendly. There are two people who have interviewed me. It took about one hour. A lot of technical questions were asked and expected me to answer honestly. A lot of brain storming questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about technical questions and equations.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

First round video interview with senior team and if you succeed you get a call for PI. I applied online and got a call from HR and then was selected for video interview. They started asking about past work experience and shared the job profile followed by technical questions. Most of the questions are aimed at testing how good can you process and the information and think analytically

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers mostly and some related to financial modeling   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online then contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview which lasted about half an hour. Talked about background and motivation for applying to the job and JP Morgan. A week later was invited for an interview on site, which lasted an hour. Mixture of motivation and competency questions. The interviewers were nice and friendly, which gave me postive experience of the company.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with Excel?
      Why this role/department in particular?   1 Answer