J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview

The process was a traditional MBA school process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

5 separate interviews. Took 4 months to get an offer. Very hard getting a response to questions from internal recruiter on the timeline. 3 hour interview with multiple managers and co-workers.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Took other job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Associate Interview

Interview

Was perviosly part of Bear Stearns and merged with JPM. Not much of official interview

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall this was a short process. I had a phone interview and then went to the office on two separate occasions to meet with various people in the group. The interviews were mainly conducted in a group and not 1:1 setting. The experience was positive overall, the people were nice and mostly asked open-ended questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

phone interview, then several in person interviews, then modeling test. the process moved quickly, however, with the whole thing wrapping up in two weeks. people asked about view of stock market and of the specific sector. surprising how many people warned me against taking the job - i should have listened.

Interview Questions

• Standard stock pitch for research interview.
      why research
      why JP Morgan
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview on technology side, lame very basic questions. Tech round super easy, Guess it depends on the interviewer as well.

Senior management questions same as were asked in 1990s, strengths, weaknesses etc. Nothing challenging. Overall not a big deal to clear interview for a tech job

Interview Questions

• Well you applied for a full time position, what if I were to hire you as a consultant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try not to have a recruiter in between while negotiating a salary, recruiters typically don care what you get. They get their share 20-30% on your salary, so if you get a job for 60k or 70k they are not bothered, but getting you a job is their aim so they can get their share.
    Some recruiters give you false information on the bonuses etc. I cannot provide their info here, but be aware while negotiating any offers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR via LinkedIn, after that had one phone interview with HR.
    After HR had two technical interviews with employee, one interview with panel of managers.
    One more technical interview with managers from another team.

Interview Questions

• Disadvantages of using Hibernate. What pros and cons using SAX and DOM for XML parsing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

In operations, you meet with team members first, then managers, and then the senior manager. Usually involves 3 to 4 rounds of interviews. You must be sure to demonstrate the ability to improve processes and your control focus. Bring specific examples. Also, since J.P. Morgan is a global company, stress your ability to work with others in remote locations and what a good partner you are able to be. If you are applying for a client facing role, have examples of tough clients you've dealt with. You should also be able to demonstrate an aptitude for learning products.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a process that you saw was broken and what you did to improve it.   Answer Question