J.P. Morgan Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.6

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy ad straight forward. the hiring manager was nice and professional. It was a one on one interview. we basically talked about my resume and a few questions on counting money and customer service

Interview Questions

• how would you give good customer service   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Lakeway, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lakeway, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was conversational. Hiring manager did most of the talking. The questions were basic and required transcript from the company. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Employment experience. Conversed and asked about my personal lifestyle, if I had children. Hiring manager described she needed someone who would be able to fulfill the role and likes to train to promote. Then, described other steps of the hiring process that were required.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. went in the branch, everyone greets and makes you feel welcome. waited maybe 5 minutes before the manager brought me to her office,
    talked to her for a few and she gave me a tour of the branch ( that was a dead giveaway for me that i got the job) and we talked to the tellers, went back to her office and it was pretty much done. Told me they will call me back, and in maybe 2 weeks i was told to finish up the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Pearland, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

they want to know if you have a problem with sales, and they want to know if you know how to cash handle. they want to know how well you handle customer problems and difficult situations

Interview Questions

• what Is one thing you wish you could improve about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Was called in for interview within the week. Went into branch met with branch manager. She was very friendly. Answered her questions, I asked a dew of my own to get a feel for her and her management style. Was offered the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I have been on about 7 different interviews for chase. I was waiting to be placed at a branch that I felt comfortable in and one that I could help fit their needs. I met with two different branch managers that day. I was in turn hired by the second one. Was told a decision would be made by the friday (went in wednesday). I was called on the tuesday and offered the job. In the pre employment stage right now awaiting all steps to be finished. So far I have no issues with the pre-employement procedures. But I will say to those applying don't give up and keep applying. I went to a lot of interviews and it was worth it.. Just hoping for smooth sailing in the rest and eager to start.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Madison, WI).

Interview

Easy interview. I was called on the phone for a pre-screen. This was a basic interview going over my previous work history, reasons for leaving jobs, questions about schedule issues, etc. Then I was selected for an in person interview. These questions almost all related to customer service. They want to know you are not just good but great with customers. That you are ambitious and go above and beyond. If you don't than this job will be horrible for you since that is all you are reminded to do multiple times per week. You will hear about customer experience A TON. So if customer service isn't one of your strong suits it will be a job you hate.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember exact questions but they ask a lot about the "customer experience". What your history is giving exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company's website and received an invitation for a screening online. The interview on line is well organized, they allow you to listen to the questions from the interviewer and think about your answer for about a minute, then you record the answer. After this I had an interview in person with the Hiring Manager of the branch that had a position to fill.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It was a long process. First you have to apply online, there isn't a certain time you can expect to receive an interview. Once you do receive an interview, be prepared to have a long week or more.
    You may be requested to do several interviews with Senior Management and if you are chosen you have a long week of background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, and what ever else that may be requested of you.

Once that is completed, considering all went well. You will receive a start date and your training begins.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this company?

What is the related experience?

What is your current job ?

What are your overall plan for at least 1 year?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and after a couple of days they called and scheduled an interview with me. There was one interview with 2 assistant branch manager and after a few days i was scheduled to have another interview with the branch manager and district manager. Overall it wasn't too bad, they were very professional.