J.P. Morgan Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.6

149 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It was a long process. First you have to apply online, there isn't a certain time you can expect to receive an interview. Once you do receive an interview, be prepared to have a long week or more.
You may be requested to do several interviews with Senior Management and if you are chosen you have a long week of background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, and what ever else that may be requested of you.

Once that is completed, considering all went well. You will receive a start date and your training begins.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this company?

What is the related experience?

What is your current job ?

What are your overall plan for at least 1 year?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and after a couple of days they called and scheduled an interview with me. There was one interview with 2 assistant branch manager and after a few days i was scheduled to have another interview with the branch manager and district manager. Overall it wasn't too bad, they were very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Northridge, CA).

Interview

long online assessment while applying that included math questions. Then was contacted for a phone screening with few questions, then set up for an interview with two managers in a room full of others being interviewed. Was offered the job by the recruiter and placed at a branch. the Branch manager wasn't even aware that they hired someone for that branch... it was awkward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com then routed to chase employment portal. Took two sets of assessments which included general arithmetic and scenarios. Received notice that I failed assessment within 5 minutes after completing assessment via email. I then contacted local branch about position, was given basic yet lengthy interview. Interviewed by manager then district manager, in addition to a web/online interview. Waited a week, and received offer. Unfortunately, declined since I got contracted by another position with a competing bank.

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Beckley, WV) in September 2015.

Interview

It was one on one interview with two branch managers with specific work related questions testing my patience my agility and how I would respond to certain scenarios. it was pretty self explanatory regarding real life instances and what would be my best judgement.

Interview Questions

• How did i convince an irate customer to calm down and stay with the company?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Initial interviews were conducted over the phone with the recruiter. Easy conversation about customer service ability, attention to detail, and seriousness of confidentiality. Nothing major. Moved to an phone conversation with the Branch Manager. Then moved to an onsite with the Branch Manager, Assistant Manager, and Operations Lead. Reviewed the same components of the phone interview and attempted to identify fit in branch culture.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was about half an hour and it was online. You answered questions via webcam which gave the opportunity for many branch managers to look at your interview and to get to know you. It was a bit strange but it was fairly easy. I got a call back from a branch manager after two weeks but I had already accepted an offer from another bank.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little more about yourself.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Spoke to Recruiter on the phone after a referral from my friend. I then went in and met with the Assistant Manager and a Senior Teller. I had one follow up interview with the Branch Manager. A few days later they called me with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

You take an assessment online. then the first interviewer is the manager and assistant manager. After that you meet with the district manager. After you pass the screening test, they run a back ground check.

Interview Questions

• are you able to work weekends   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview is too lengthy. it took about 30 with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview was comfortable and I was at ease with the interviewer. I was asked the basic questions. I was asked what are my strengths and what are my weakness. There was a time where I was asked to role play. Role play is one of Chase learning tools.