J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.4

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First round of interview, video interview. Took forever to wait for their response but just general questions like behavioral and experience. Very basic questions but you only have 90 seconds to answer them but you have two attempts i believe.

Equity Sales Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA).

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by a second round super day. The super day consisted of 3 Executive Directors asking mostly personality based questions and a few analytic brainteasers. The interviewers were all very personable and laid back. I found the process to be really enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to call out a superior in order to accomplish the teams goal?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University. The process was very long due to few postpone days.

Originally, I was scheduled for a face to face interviews; however, due to few postpone days they decided to do phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and things went wrong? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best skill?   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was an online video interview for the JP Morgan asset management summer internship program. I applied online on the JP morgan website. The interview consisted of three questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the markets? Why JP Morgan? Why asset management?   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was first round--mostly ask you background questions and your interests. Mostly, the HR asked you what you studied and your working/internship experience...why would you interested in the company

IBD Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume on the booth of JP Morgan, somebody called me and helped me to set up the schedule. There are different application forms depending on what countries and what positions you are applying. You need to write down two short essay. One question was "how can you get over when you faced failure?" The Second one is why you want to apply for this position?

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter via campus recruiting, and heard back about two weeks later to arrange for an on-campus interview the next week. The day of my in-person interview, i met with two recruiters separately for about 30 minutes each. The recruiters, who both worked in operations roles in the Boston office, asked general interview questions (no case questions), then about 2 weeks later a job offer was extended by phone, followed by an offer package sent via email. I was given 2 weeks to decide. Drug test and background check were required before starting the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was completely inflexible.

Hedge Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview with two different interviewers. One spent the majority of time talking about the role and did not ask many questions. The other interviewer was quite arrogant and did not seem at all interested. Negative body language and seemed like he did not want to be there. Mostly asked questions about previous experience.

Hedge Fund Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy going interview. First person asked me what a hedge fund was and how to calculate NAV. Other than that mostly fit/behavioral questions. I interviewed with four people in total. First, one on one, second was two people, last was the AVP of the hedge fund services group. Very easy going process.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? What is a hedge fund? How do you calculate NAV?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews (30 min each) back to back. First interview was structured as if he read from a list of questions, very dry and straight to the point. Second interview was more relaxed and we had more of a conversation but questions were still from a list.

Interview Questions

• If there a skill that is not listed on your resume?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to use pivot tables or read macros on excel?   Answer Question