J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Bournemouth, England | Glassdoor

3.1

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corporate Analyst Development Program-Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application with two motivational questions. Got called for AC at Bournemouth office. Had no online tests.
    At the AC I had two personal interviews, one hour group task followed by another interview based on the task.
    Interview 1: mainly motivational and behavioural
    (Past experience based)
    Interview 2: again motivational (value based - drive and integrity)
    Group Task: typical corporate analysis case with a technical update required in 2/3 divisions at a bank. Use data to state which two of three divisions should get update. Recruiters sit around your team and listen how you decide as a team
    Interview 3: You pitch the decision of your group task to the recruiter and follow up questions about how you found the task and the team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Face to Face, after a telephone interview, rather short, only lasted about 30 minutes, interview was conducted by the hiring manager.
    Interviewer was rather tight lipped regarding the actual day to day activities within the role, however he did describe the culture of the company rather well and explained what it was required of me in order to succeed and the hours they expect me to put in, in order for this to be successful on a long term. Has explained what their internal policies are regarding promoting people and the mobility within the organisation.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan for the future, where do you see yourself?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward online application followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and two colleague followed and then another round with ED from New York office and then HR round for negotiations which went smooth

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

two, thirty minute interviews followed by an hours group work discussing case studies and putting own points across, followed by a 30 minutes presentation about what you have learnt in the group work another 1:1. very intense process but uses every skill they will need. Do your research and be prepared for unusual questions!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your ethics have been compromised and what did you do in the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and assessment centre. Answered a phone call from an employee and answered motivatonal questions. Very friendly and professional. Assessment centre in Bournemouth shortly followed - small group. Fairly challenging but fun and motivating.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application with two questions. Took me long to be invited for Phone Interview. Phone interview pretty classic, motivation and situational questions, like demonstration of leadership or how I faced a challenging situation. Got invited for assessment centre the next day in Bournemouth. 2 exercises including one group exercise and 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a difficult decision quickly.
      The lily pad brain teaser.
      Tell me about a piece of article you were interested in.
      Tell me about a time you had to analyse a lot of data and summarise it to someone.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviews take place at an assessment centre. 4 stages to take part in during the assessment centre. 1st stage 30 minute competency interview 1:1. 2nd stage 30 minute strengths based interview 1:1. 3rd stage 1 hour group task in group of 6. 4th stage 35 minute presentation and interview on group task 1:1.

Interview Questions

• A lilipad in a pond doubles in size every minute for 60 minutes. At what minute is the pond a quarter full?   1 Answer

CIB Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

50 minute interview both with the department managers, both friendly, mainly informed me on the role and asked me what key competencies I would need and had I demonstrated them in the past. Asked about why I chose my degree and internships etc.

Global Compliance Operations Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Heard about this opening from their employee & applied online for the job. Was called for interview 2 weeks after. The interviewers were very friendly. It was for an hour & they started by outlining what we are going to do in that 1 hour: Talk about my current role, Questions related to the role I've applied, questions on my skills, briefing of the role by them, training details, chance to ask any questions.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and invited to an assessment day interview. Assessment day consisted of technical test and interview, competency interview and group exercise. Interviewers were nice and friendly. Whole process took about 4 hours. Common competency questions included why JP Morgan, Questions on past projects, etc. Technical questions included general programming knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

• Implement a binary tree search function   Answer Question
    • Implement a binary tree insert function   Answer Question
    • Alternatives to cloud and local storage (Really want you to discuss methods which could possibly merge the two)   Answer Question
    • Compare and contrast cloud vs local storage   Answer Question