J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Panel Interview where you are asked to role play. Different scenarios are given related to customers and employees.
You are asked about your knowledge related to the different array of products available

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event a great employee starts missing work on a consistent basis and his/her performance is being affected?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

First was the telephones interview with the recruiter. Then two different interviews with at least 2 District Managers. The last interview was with the Market Manager. My interview with the Market Manager was over the phone due to severe weather that day and only lasted 4 min.

Interview Questions

• To be honest since I had over 10 years experience going in there, the questions were based more on management style and expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't allow me to negotiate. I tried. But basically they said here is the offer, take it or leave it. The benefits were amazing and 3 weeks paid vacation time with 2 personal days and 3 float holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

1. Recruiter reached out to me and went over my resume and discussed highlights to it. Asked about my familiarity with Chase. Then stated she would schedule me an interview with the District Manager
    2.District Manager
    3. Market Manager

Interview Questions

• A ton of situational questions...With a ton of them being focused on the customers experience   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Branch manager trainee ----Very long if external candidate (2 months was my experience thus far) I believe they post the requisition and since its a trainee position they probably don't rush hiring. I feel they just wait to see how many applicants they get and then they can be very selective. I started with applying online as an employee referral, I was then contacted by a recruiter to complete an online interview (one month after first applying ( Hirevue webcam screening is done for the recruiter) following that i had a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 district managers. 1st one was hiring manager. I met 2nd district manager 1 1/2 week later (no communication in between), he was a peer who probably was giving a 2nd opinion to the hiring district manager. Nearly two weeks later I get the decline ( not by email but by logging in to check my application status.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase ?
      Why did you leave your last job ?
      How would you grow deposits in the branch ?
      How did you achieve customer experience goals ? (overall satisfaction)
      What locations are you interested in ? (I applied to different locations)
      What are Chases top priorities ?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

online application, phone interview, district manager interview, market manager interview

Interview Questions

• what is customer service to you? what does it look like feel like?   Answer Question

Negotiation

they hire anon with banking experience

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

There is an assessment that has to be passed first. Then wait for a a call in for an interview then it will be first the hiring manager then the manager above them.

Interview Questions

• All questions discussed are involved with a "Tell me about a time"   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

As an internal candidate the decision is communicated to you before you actually get the position. So you should be very aware if it is going to happen or not. If you haven't had the decision communicated to you by the DM, its not going to happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, it is just an offer - accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

1 interview with a panel of 12 District Managers. Intimidating YES. They are trying to see if all parties agree that they are willing to have you in their district. They must have more than half of the District Managers say yes to offer a position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical for the position, situational is there style of question, tell me about a time when you had to break policy to help a customer? what was the situation? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Chase really does not like to negotiate at all. you have a much better chance if you are coming from outside the firm but as I was an internal candidate there was no potential for negotiation. If fact my manager has retracted offers to multiple people trying to negotiate. Right now companies can afford to hire less expensive with the same or better quality.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Interview

Connected with Chase by meeting a recruiter at a job fair. After a brief discussion of my skills and giving the recruiter a resume, I departed with recruiter's contact information. No word for 2 weeks and I sent a followup email and was invited to interview. The one-on-one interview was with a District Manager. Why do you want to work in the banking industry? What's your leadership style?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy. Consisted of a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews over the course of 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty forward and normal for a business interview e.g. how would you handle this situation, what kind of leader are you, what would you do if...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward, no negotiating.