J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

First was the telephones interview with the recruiter. Then two different interviews with at least 2 District Managers. The last interview was with the Market Manager. My interview with the Market Manager was over the phone due to severe weather that day and only lasted 4 min.

Interview Questions

• To be honest since I had over 10 years experience going in there, the questions were based more on management style and expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't allow me to negotiate. I tried. But basically they said here is the offer, take it or leave it. The benefits were amazing and 3 weeks paid vacation time with 2 personal days and 3 float holidays.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

1 interview with a panel of 12 District Managers. Intimidating YES. They are trying to see if all parties agree that they are willing to have you in their district. They must have more than half of the District Managers say yes to offer a position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical for the position, situational is there style of question, tell me about a time when you had to break policy to help a customer? what was the situation? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Chase really does not like to negotiate at all. you have a much better chance if you are coming from outside the firm but as I was an internal candidate there was no potential for negotiation. If fact my manager has retracted offers to multiple people trying to negotiate. Right now companies can afford to hire less expensive with the same or better quality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. She invited me to apply to one of her openings. After applying, she followed up to schedule the interview. She told me that it was about 1 1/2 hour long process, it ended up taking over 3 hours. I was interviewed by two different DMs, then the market manager. Besides the long wait with no reading materials, it was a very pleasant experience. Mostly behavior based questions and role plays.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach a banker who was unsuccessful.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were able to get an upsell out of a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

First contact will be via email, asking you to call a specific recruiter to set up a phone screen. The phone screen is pretty basic, no real interview questions- just a review of your experience. In person interview is with 3-4 different people in a round robin format. You'll meet with several DM's and their boss.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for chase?   1 Answer

One of the DM's and the Market Mgr were complete morons. Both of them were extremely process and number oriented. Anytime I spoke about managing "people", they were at a loss. It was very obvious they didn't have a clue and were used to managing as opposed to leading. The scary thing is that both of them were chase lifers and had been in leadership positions for a long time. Its no wonder that Chase has high turn over, low job satisfaction, and terrible moral. I was extremely turned off by my interaction with their chicago leadership, it felt more like I was interviewing at a manufacturing plant or something.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

Have you information together... know you stuff about how to manager a brach

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

This was quick, I interviewed with a panel of DMs and then with a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, except why did you leave your last employer and why chase.   1 Answer

Negotiation

When they ask your previous salary, that is going to be the offer. So make sure you say what you want not what you last received.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview

Spoke with recuiter on the phone first. Met with her in person, she asked clarifying questions regading my overall management experiance. I guess I passed because I was then introduced to 3 district managers who asked questions "rapid fire" style! Finally I was introduced to the Market Manager

Negotiation

I tried but it seemed they were bound by some time of metrics system

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I thought that the interview process was very laid back and effortless. Was a little disappointed that they left out that the branch was located within a Kroger/ Wal-mart until after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What is an item you can't live without? and sell me that item.   Answer Question

I did not want to work at a branch located within a Kroger or Wal-Mart

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

3 interview system starting with a District manager, followed by a Market manager. If you pass all the interviews you receive a job offer which can be flexible in negotiation to a degree. Push for what you are worth and you will get further.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can be successful leading a team in the financial market and what unique vision do you bring to the table.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview

Standard process, recruiter pre screens and then you are notified if you are selected for an in person interview with a district manager. After interview there was a phone interview with the market manager, drug and background tests before the offer was formally made.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have relevant to the position applying for?   Answer Question