J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application via company website. I was contacted by email about 2 weeks after I applied to do an online interview via an APP/Website called HireVue since I was not living locally in the area for which I applied. About a 3 weeks after submitting my HireVue video I received an email from a recruiter asking to see if I was available to do a phone interview with 2 Market Directors who were interested in me. I did the phone interview the next day. Apparently they liked me so much that they were considering offering me the job right there over the phone. I mentioned that I was already planning on relocating to that area in the next 2 weeks so they held off on the offer so that they could meet me in person. When I moved there and showed up for the in-person interview I was surprised that it actually just turned out to be an informal meet and greet. We chatted for about 30 minutes. I went home and the next day I was formally offered the job. I was so shocked that this was such a great experience considering I had just retired from 20 years of military service and had never had a corporate job let alone any banking experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend that is currently working for Chase, and with that recommendation you are guarantied a H.R phone screening. Before you must pass a online situations that access your personality and ability. They have an incentive to pass you but you must do your homework by having relatable skills and seniors that helps them see you in this current role. The current employees get about $500 for getting you in if you pass. At the end, I asked what was the next step? and she told me she was setting me up with an face to face interview. I took a small binder with my accomplishments and pass successful audits, peer ranking, locations ranking, coaching documentation, and lastly a 30-60-90 day plan, that would help them visualize and I lead the interview. The interview was with two District Managers in there Market headquarters, and it was a very relax but professional environment. Make sure to use the S.T.A.R interviewing format. Explain the ........ S=Situation.. T=Task...A=Action...R=Results. I did not get the Job... and felt by there response at the end of the interview that this was more tailored as an internal position. Someone that they already know and has witness their capabilities, and I was coming from an other bank. Side note make sure to have questions ready for the end that shows how interested and knowledgeable you are in the role. Like what are some of the challenges as a leader you are having with your current BCM with Migrating customer to self serve options and what are you expectations? or What are some of the traits that is consistent with you top performers, that I as a new comer can start working on?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your 30-60-90 action plan   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a day as your current role as an Assistant Branch Manager?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had a Personal Banker that was not performing and was not hitting their numbers... what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

phone interview simple questions-talk about customer service experience
    1 on 1 interview with DM
    panel interview with multiple DM's and Market Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter a few days later. My interview was downtown at their corporate park. I was interviewed by 3 regional managers and they had me in there for about 25 minutes. They asked my about my sales experience and how I would react in certain situations with employees. On my way out they made me feel like I wasted their time.

Interview Questions

• how did you bend the rules to accommodate a customer.   1 Answer