J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.9

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

There is a background check. Interviews consist of several levels including human resources, hiring manager, peer, and maybe others. Be prepared to provide detailed job stories to show examples of times when you exhibited behaviors or skills.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Got a call from department manager about the interview and set a date and time for interview & met with the manager on the interview date. On the interview date I was greeted by the manager and then we went to the interview room and talked about the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions and information about the job and how the department and company works as well as some information about work schedule.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Met a recruiter, applied online, had two interviews (one technical), and then was offered a position. It took a short amount of time in terms of applying and getting a response for an interview as they were on-site, but getting the offer took months...I honestly thought they rejected me until I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a function that prints "bar" every 4th time, and "foo" every other time?   3 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewed through a contractor firm, 4 rounds of interviews. Interviews were simple and they didn't ask many technical questions at all. Overall very easy interviews, just a nuisance that there were so many.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position online and talked to one of the associates at a career fair at my university. The interview process took one day. I was asked to come in to the office in NYC. I had 5 half hour interviews back to back. I heard back less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions and questions about my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

Normal interview questions but thy did ask a lot of questions regarding the details as well as some technical questions related to SAS. There were a team manager and a vice president who interviewed me face to face. They are very nice people. The interview may last for 30-40 minutes. It was kind of stressful.

Interview Questions

• 1.Introduce yourself
      2.What did you do exactly when you working as quantitative analyst and what result did you get
      3.Why JPM
      4.Have you used SAS   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with multiple interviewers. The first one explained the job responsibilities, then asked questions. Each subsequent interviewer started off by asking what I knew about the position. Each asked the same set of questions. I wasn't sure if they were looking for the same answer or different answers. The questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• One was the standard "What are your strengths / weaknesses?" The others were related to previous job experiences and skills. I felt like they were trying to determine how well I could remember the answers I gave to them and how articulate I was under pressure. I could be wrong though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process since they did not know what role they were trying to hire for. They advertised Business Analyst position, but they are looking for a Data analyst. They wanted me to interview 6 different people back to back instead of setting up a panel interview which caused me to repeat the same answers to same questions six time. The first person I interviewed by raised their voice, when I mentioned interview room location previously set up by HR coordinator, then she focus on my MBA degree than asking me questions regards to my experience. The second interview was focusing on data management developer questions, when I did not mention any programming or database management role in my resume. I also interview senior level managers in NY who did not even respectful enough to listen my answer, but he constantly cut me off in the middle of my sentences to ask another question. I basically wasted my half day and invalidated downtown parking fee. What a joke!

Interview Questions

• Many different SQL questions should be asked to a programmer, not a Business Analyst.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

One round of in person interview with the VP and was selected.
    The process of on boarding was lengthy which took over 2 months.
    I almost got another offer when I was waiting for the start date.
    Had to wait patiently for getting the start date confirmed.

Interview Questions

• DFDs used in the last project   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

short and sweet. not many personal questions because they intend to suck the life out of you anyways. my manager never speaks to the group and the only time I've heard his voice was when he asked me the two questions that got me hired.