J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2016

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

short and sweet. not many personal questions because they intend to suck the life out of you anyways. my manager never speaks to the group and the only time I've heard his voice was when he asked me the two questions that got me hired.

Interview Questions

• tell me what your interests are. who would you be with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Had an initial phone call from HR. Call was very casual. All the question was regarding my profile. Interviewer gave a brief description of the job requirement. Asked various question Two interviews right after each other. The first one was a general get to know you type of interview. This was followed by a second more technical interview designed to see if you're a good fit for the company or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

At least 3 different stages. First is the basic Phone Screen. This one is pretty basic but you have to be very succinct and meticulous in laying out in few sentences how you fit for the job applied. The second was a One on One, still a phone interview (as my position was a different location than the team). But the second interview was more detailed in terms of specifics of the jobs that I did in the past. Some standard technical questions e.g what I knew about JVMs, how do I write a security feature related Non Functional Requirement, what tool best assimilates requirement management with automated release management dashboards etc. This second interview was to get a feel for my knowledge and skills set. Even if you are not too adept, I think it is ok because I could not answer most of the technical questions like how SFTP works. The third is the Panel - face to face. For me, this was tele presence but with skype and video conferencing, this is as equal to Face to Face. This phase is just basic soft skills and management type questions. E.g what was the most challenging project, most challenging manager, how do you cope with stress, how do you prioritize work etc. This was pretty average stage and the one where you could only screw if you have no preparation at all.

Interview Questions

• Besides standard Interview questions, tell me about your work with Application Development projects. Since I applied for Infrastructure Services, so questions on what I did for Resiliency and Infrastructure service support. Specific questions on network support, what ports, communication layer, how that relates to development work (during planning & design) etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested $3000 more than my initial offer. They came back and topped it off with a $5000 increase in their initial offer. Rest was pretty standard and formal.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Talked to two guys. One will bust your balls. Really have to emphasize love for tech and be aware of company's current events definitely help. If you feel like you messed up in the interview, its ok. Most people feel terrible afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to talk about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

4 weeks process apply on J.P. Morgan's carrier web and get an interview opportunity from recruiter 2 interviews, one with recruiter and the other one with ED Interview last for half an hour ask for case, behavior, and technique questions no unexpected questions interviewers are very nice and kind get the offer two weeks after the interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

After resume screening, I was invited to an hour-long OCI interview. It was a half hour each with two different executive directors. Mostly behavioral questions, some technical. Overall, not difficult if you find out what JP Morgan is about and tell them why you are truly interested in the position. No superday, got a call 1 week letter with an offer- letter came via email a couple days later and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick, a call from a recruiter, and with in 2 days I had a face to face interview. The 2 supervisors who interviewed me we very courteous and professional yet they did a good job of keeping the atmosphere welcoming and and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Describe strengths and weaknesses, conflict resolution, and teamwork questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually more relaxed than I had anticipated. The questions were pretty much very general and had nothing to do with company processes. One of my interviewers said that this was because the whole reason we are interviewing for this company is to one day gain that experience, so they didn't need us to know it off the bat. And while I'm on the topic, I also had two interviewers (about 30 minutes each). They were extremely nice and understanding. One recommendation I do have is to go in and be human. Relax, and talk about your experience as you answer questions. Both interviewers got extremely off topic as we both got lost in an interesting conversation, which might do more for you than all of your "fancy talk." I marked NO on the job offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I'm optimistic :)

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy. Although I waited 4 weeks before an offer was made, the recruiter demanded a decision from me in 24 hours. She gave inaccurate information when making the offer and I was deceived into accepting the position. I resigned 8 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you deal with stress   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you could not get all your work done by the end of the day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

the recruiter refused to negotiate and said she would 'get in trouble' if she did

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two round interview. One was on campus and the other one was a super day. There will two back to back interview on super day. The difficulty of question mostly depends on who is the interviewer. Some of them prefer behavior question and some of the prefer tech question. Make sure you get prepare for both because you do not know who would be your interviewer on the Super Day. I interviewed last November but get no response after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the most embarrass situation you have ever met?   3 Answers