J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with multiple interviewers. The first one explained the job responsibilities, then asked questions. Each subsequent interviewer started off by asking what I knew about the position. Each asked the same set of questions. I wasn't sure if they were looking for the same answer or different answers. The questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• One was the standard "What are your strengths / weaknesses?" The others were related to previous job experiences and skills. I felt like they were trying to determine how well I could remember the answers I gave to them and how articulate I was under pressure. I could be wrong though.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview I had was at the 4 metro tech Brooklyn. An assistant introduced me the real case problem first, then the manager came and asked for my opinions. No one has the correct answer unless you solved some similar questions before. If you can convince the interview you can figure it out, you get the job. btw, it is a contract position.

Interview Questions

• Threw a real case question. Then let you figure out how to solve it with vba coding.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Had an initial phone call from HR. Call was very casual.
     All the question was regarding my profile.
     Interviewer gave a brief description of the job requirement. Asked various question

Two interviews right after each other. The first one was a general get to know you type of interview. This was followed by a second more technical interview designed to see if you're a good fit for the company or not.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two round interview. One was on campus and the other one was a super day. There will two back to back interview on super day. The difficulty of question mostly depends on who is the interviewer. Some of them prefer behavior question and some of the prefer tech question. Make sure you get prepare for both because you do not know who would be your interviewer on the Super Day. I interviewed last November but get no response after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the most embarrass situation you have ever met?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually more relaxed than I had anticipated. The questions were pretty much very general and had nothing to do with company processes. One of my interviewers said that this was because the whole reason we are interviewing for this company is to one day gain that experience, so they didn't need us to know it off the bat. And while I'm on the topic, I also had two interviewers (about 30 minutes each). They were extremely nice and understanding. One recommendation I do have is to go in and be human. Relax, and talk about your experience as you answer questions. Both interviewers got extremely off topic as we both got lost in an interesting conversation, which might do more for you than all of your "fancy talk." I marked NO on the job offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I'm optimistic :)

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I interviewed about a month before the position was posted after being contacted by a manager internally (I work as a contractor). It has now been 4 months, the position continues to be posted as accepting applications - but I've had no feedback other than when it actually posted and that I could formally apply.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - didn't have a job description for the position but was asked about qualifications for Visio, etc   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

1. After you applied online through company career website, you will get an email from the recruiter. 2. I got a phone call from 2 associates currently working in the team
    3 After finishing a 2-1 interview, you will be told to wait for response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

It began with an on-campus interview. Interviewer was a nice manager. After two weeks, I got a call for a "Super Day", which had a whole day interview schedule. I got two interviews from two different managers. People there were very nice and the environment was very nice, too. After one month, the recruiter asked for my information about my schedule. However, I did not get any inform after that. Recently when I tried to resign for another position I found that I cannot even receive any email from JP Morgan but can receive email from their recruiters.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview

I had a fantastic experience being interviewed. I enjoyed the camaraderie of my coworkers and synergy we brought about in working together to complete the project.

Interview Questions

• Questions related torequirements gathering, modeling business processes and expectation management, Finance, HR, and Compensation to administer changes to compensation plan and target systems   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews with senior level employees. First was with operations managers who gave insights on how a typical day went and the different areas that you attend to. Second was with another senior level operations employee who dove more into a personality test and asked example questions so be prepared with certain stories of leadership, struggle, and achievement as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you needed to take charge of a team oriented project and how you demonstrated you lead them to success?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame that challenge?   Answer Question