J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews.
One with the direct manager and two co-workers.
The second with upper management.
Relatively informal and painless. I knew the hiring manager so I'm guessing this had something to do with the laid back nature of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relative to the position. How would I handle a particular situation and why I was interested in the job. No questions on strengths or weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered the salary offer and it was declined.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Question: What is the importance of a flow chart?

Answer: When answering this question you need to make it clear that you understand what this tool is used for. A flow chart is a tool that provides a graphical representation of a process. This chart will make a system easy to understand for everyone that is involved with the project that is underway.

Question: What is a use case model?

Answer: A use case model is a tool that is used to describe the business environment. The goal of the tool is to show the actions and events that take place during a given process that is performed by an actor.

Question: What is UML modeling?

Answer: UML stands for Unified Modeling Language. It is the standard in the industry for visualizing, documenting and constructing various components of a system.

The interviewer will likely want to know that you understand how each of these tools is used in the daily life of a business analyst professional. It is crucial that you can describe the methods and techniques used for each tool in a manner that shows you know what you are talking about. Check out the following course to better understand financial modeling and be informed when you answer questions at your interview.

Question: What is an activity diagram and why is it significant?

Answer: The purpose of an activity diagram is to provide an outline of work flow in the business, including the action and activities that are completed. For example, with a company there is likely to be more than one department, with various access levels to the system. If there are departments including HR, Medical and Accounting, they only have access to the screens that relate to their work. An activity diagram will be used to highlight the differences in the departments, which is extremely helpful for developers when they are coding and designing.

Question: What is the role and responsibility of a business analyst?

Answer: If you are interviewing for the position of a business analyst, you should be able to answer this question without much thought. Some of the jobs of a business analyst will include comparing facts and figures, listening to managers and shareholders to provide effective solutions for problems and the negotiation of issues between departments. Check out the course on business analysis to learn more about your role in this position.

Interview Questions

• Question: How well do you understand Risk and Issue?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I interviewed about a month before the position was posted after being contacted by a manager internally (I work as a contractor). It has now been 4 months, the position continues to be posted as accepting applications - but I've had no feedback other than when it actually posted and that I could formally apply.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - didn't have a job description for the position but was asked about qualifications for Visio, etc   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

1. After you applied online through company career website, you will get an email from the recruiter. 2. I got a phone call from 2 associates currently working in the team
    3 After finishing a 2-1 interview, you will be told to wait for response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

It began with an on-campus interview. Interviewer was a nice manager. After two weeks, I got a call for a "Super Day", which had a whole day interview schedule. I got two interviews from two different managers. People there were very nice and the environment was very nice, too. After one month, the recruiter asked for my information about my schedule. However, I did not get any inform after that. Recently when I tried to resign for another position I found that I cannot even receive any email from JP Morgan but can receive email from their recruiters.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was very casual and was a very long time ago. I do not remember much about the interview. It started off with a phone conversation with the human resources department. I also met with a project manager and a couple developers before being offered the job. Very conversational interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by phone and scheduled a phone interview for the following week. During the phone interview I discussed my previous work experience and qualifications. At the end of the interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview and was given paperwork for a background check and drug screening. During the in person interview, I was asked various questions about my previous work experience, personality and thought process. All in all, a very interesting experience.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

basic technical questions, mostly behavioral. went through three rounds, two over the phone and one in person. was asked about how one should go about assessing the upgrade of a legacy system. asked whether i understood some basic coding concepts like arrays. entire interview was roughly an hour long. much easier than expected.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Please review all the reviews on Glassdoor. I spent many time to review all the possible questions and prepare the answer for each questions. The interview for summer intern is very typical. 30min back to back interview with two manager. First is behavior, second on is technical. Nothing crazy. I am very comfortable and relax during the interview process. Make sure you always link the answers to the project or previous working experience. They like story telling. So far the best interview experience I had. Don't be nervous. Be confident about very word you say. You should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Can you write a PHP code? Such as hello world   Answer Question
    • What type of people you want to work with?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a change you want to made to the technology you use right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Asks for specific examples in many scenarios and questions. Be prepared! Write down many scenarios and examples so you can easily come up with experience to add to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you helped out on a team to meet a deadline.   1 Answer