J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in July 2014.

Interview

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview

Internal move from within the firm. It's typically easier to move within the firm because their acquiring you below market value. Once they've decided I was deemed appropriate for the role, it was a matter of getting the transfer approved.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was quicker than expected. Hiring managers were very nice and friendly. I had first a phone screen with recruiter and after that two interviews one with the hiring manager and the other one with one of the members of team.

Interview Questions

• Please give us an example about your business analyst experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

I had the interview in February didn't get the offer till end of March. The interview went pretty smooth, and welcoming. Chase interviews aren't difficult at all. You need to come prepared and with personality and you should fine. Steps are usually two interviews and then you have to wait it out.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working 50 plus hours?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview

I had a fantastic experience being interviewed. I enjoyed the camaraderie of my coworkers and synergy we brought about in working together to complete the project.

Interview Questions

• Questions related torequirements gathering, modeling business processes and expectation management, Finance, HR, and Compensation to administer changes to compensation plan and target systems   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews with senior level employees. First was with operations managers who gave insights on how a typical day went and the different areas that you attend to. Second was with another senior level operations employee who dove more into a personality test and asked example questions so be prepared with certain stories of leadership, struggle, and achievement as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you needed to take charge of a team oriented project and how you demonstrated you lead them to success?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame that challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Questions

• Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

women in tech event submitted resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Campus interview, followed by an onsite interview. Both were pretty easy involving questions on why you want to work for the company? What other companies are you looking at, etc. You could tell they were interviewing a lot of applicants but the interviewers were regular employees instead of HR reps. It was easy to connect to the interviewers and you could see that they really enjoyed their jobs and were proud to work for JP Morgan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons