J.P. Morgan Business Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Business Banker Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2016

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

I had to take a standard test regarding behavioral situations and Math equations. Once I passed the tests, I had an initial phone interview with the Business Area Manager. After that, I had three more interviews in person at all different management levels. It took about two weeks for the offer to come.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was an internal hire coming from a personal banker position. It was more about the why I wanted to become a BB, goals, and how much did it know about standard small businesses. Great to be familiar with what is a sole prop, partnership, LLC, corp. Requirements per state, any ins and outs on how to go about setting your business in a formal way.

Interview Questions

• None, as internal was more of a conversation than an interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was room for negotiation, I think being hard and confident can bring results. I think the range salary wise was up to 50,000. They also dont want you to make ur check out the salary as most of it comes from sales and commission. Bring it up with the hiring manager as the manager makes the decision and informs HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nassau, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Nassau, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call from recrruiter a few weeks later. First interview consisted of one on one with Area Manager where I was asked about why I wanted to work with Chase, my past experience and the general outline of their retail business banking model. Then was asked to do a role play which lasted around 10 minutes and interviewer gave feedback. Was called back a few days later for another interview with Regional Manager where generalities of position and past experience were discussed, Called back again to visit a branch where I was asked to engage customers in lobby which was quite awkward considering I don't even work for company. Called back again for phone interview with another higher up discussing sales behaviors and past experience. Then another phone interview with another manager. Then last interview was group interview with two other managers, presumably the managers who I would be working with. Was told since I was external that process was more thorough.

Interview Questions

• Asked to role play a sales conversation during initial interview.   Answer Question

Did not feel comfortable with company culture which was very pushy and all about numbers. Visiting a Chase branch you feel like you are in a used car dealership and you are asked to grab customers off the line and lobby and sit them down at your desk and product push credit cards and accounts people don't necessarily want.