J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I am writing this since I had two interviews in one day. Similar processes, different company. JP Morgan Chase really shocked me with how poor quality of their interview process. I have no grudge, but want to make sure someone else who applies is aware if it happens to them as well.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions that reflected the information on my resume.   1 Answer

Commercial Banking (CAO) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the company's website. I received an email conforming on campus interview. The hiring manager was really nice. She mostly asked behavioral questions. I got an email for the second interview at the company's location. Let's hope for the best.

Interview Questions

• -Why JP Morgan?
      -What was your greatest achievement?
      -What was your most challenging project or work experience?
      1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Three levels. One telephonic,a coding test, face to face in the end. Overall average process. Interviwers were very nice and polite. Very professional interview environment. Had to white board some SQL queries during the interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process from start to finish took about three months whic was extremely long and extensive. I met with each of my soon to be colleagues on my team which consisted of 4 people at the time and included a phone interview with one of the female Vice Presidents who worked remotely at the time.

Interview Questions

• Questions included character assessments which I liked.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with an on-campus recruiter. The fellow was in a more senior position but was very knowledgeable about the program and extremely friendly and receptive to questions. There were two very basic whiteboard questions, but these are nothing to worry about. Beyond that, he just wanted to get an idea of my current skill set and personality type.

About a week later, I received an invitation to the final round of interviews (the TAP Super Day) at the Chicago office. Here, I was grouped with a handful of my classmates and shown around the building. The staff conducting the tour were very cordial and open to any questions or concerns. Finally, we were sent to three rounds of interviews: behavioral, technical, and a brief presentation of our choice.

The whole process was quite relaxed and informal. I got the feeling they just wanted to get to know the candidates. Overall, the whole process was a pleasant experience and nothing to worry too much about.

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast the Agile and Waterfall methodologies.   Answer Question

Lockbox Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

They use an automated online Skype sort of interview, so you use the camera on the computer and their system asks you questions. You have thirty seconds to think about your answer before it begins to record.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have that makes you specially qualified for the job.   Answer Question

AVP- Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In-person or satellite video interviews with all attorneys, one-on-one or two-on-one, each approximately 30 minutes. Conducted two rounds of in-person interviews before receiving rejection email. Interviews included attorneys at various levels within the department. Interview very comparable to law firm interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through University, hence first we have a Behavioral with one or two technical question about OOP. Then I went onsite for interview, which consist of a presentation, behavioral and technical interview that are 30 minute each. As long as you study a bit and have the technical knowledge, It should not be a hard interview.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Was clear, the job described in concise terms. Respectful. I was greeted and treated with courtesy. Every interviewer provided similar clarity and were on the same page. I met with 7 different interviewers in a 1-1 setup. Each of them helped me understand the job well.

Interview Questions

• How could i contribute to the success of the problem at hand.   2 Answers

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

Interview

I had a thirty minute phone interview and was invited to their super day a week later. Super day consisted of two thirty minute 1-1 interviews, as well as a group problem to solve. The group problem was a first, but was fairly challenging, which provided an opportunity to differentiate yourself. Still waiting to hear back.