J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking Analyst Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking Analyst Program Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone screening interview with basic questions. The super-day interviews were six 30 minute interviews in a row with underwriters and bankers of different levels. Mostly questions about my resume and then questions about how I behave in a group setting. A writing assessment completed the interview process. I heard back with an offer three days later.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to think on your feet?
    What role do you normally take in a group project?
    Are you a listener or a communicator?
    What is your greatest strength and weakness?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I first applied for an interview through my University's career website. I was passed on to the first-round interview which took place on campus. This interview was very difficult for me. The interviewers were extremely intimidating and started firing off questions from the start of the interview. I expected a more behavioral/informational interview, but I was caught off guard with questions that I had not been asked in other interviews.

After leaving the first interview, I thought that I would not be passed on to the next round. Fortunately, I followed up with "thank you" emails to my interviewers, and about a 2 weeks later I asked if I was still being considered for the position. I was told that I was passed to the second-round interview (Superday interview at Dallas location). This interview was much less intimidating than the first. I had no experience in finance other than it was my college major. The interviewers understood this, and therefore asked me more behavioral questions and about my experiences for the jobs that were listed on my resume. It consisted of 4 interviews with 2 people in each interview (ranging from analyst and associates to vice presidents and managing directors).

I was then told that I would have to interview in Houston for another second round interview. The interview was similar to the Dallas one. It consisted of 3 rounds with 2 people in each interview. They asked me mostly behavior questions and if I had any experience in financial modeling on excel.

My advice would be to prepare as much as you can. If you really want this job then you will get it. Research the company and the role. Be sure to know why you want to work there and why you want to work in commercial banking specifically. Ask good questions and show your interest in the topic. Also, practice answering behavioral questions so that you're able to communicate them clearly and effectively during the interview. Good luck!

Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to find a solution to a problem and how you went about finding the solution.

Tell me about a paper that you wrote in college and how you managed to express yourself or your topic effectively.

What do you like to do for fun or on your free time?

Why should we hire you? Why do you want this position?

What activities have you done outside of school?

What is your passion?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website and was sent an email about the interview with the hiring manager. Overall, it was a nice experience, though I did not receive an offer. He mostly asked my my internship experience and also behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you had problems working in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

2 Rounds- 1st was 2 on 1 asked questions just to get to know me, about my past experiences, some behavioral questions
    2nd round was six 30 minute interviews one after another, no specific format, interviewers got to pick which questions they wanted to ask, trying to get to know you