J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.6

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Got an email asking for an interview that was scheduled for the following week. It was back to back back two-on-one interviews featuring six interviewers in all. I got a call back the very next day confirming the offer.

My biggest advice, particularly with this position, is to study up on both the company and the industry.

Interview Questions

• If I were a client and you were JPMorgan, what questions would you ask from me before extending credit?   Answer Question
  • Tell me what you learned about DCFs in class.   Answer Question
  • Why JPMorgan and why do you want to get into commercial banking?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I first applied online and then shortly after was emailed to set up a phone interview. An analyst called me and we talked for about thirty minutes. I then had to complete a video interview with six associates.

Commercial Banking Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online in early September. I didn't receive any communication from them until the beginning of November. In the beginning of November, they called me to set up a phone screening interview a week later. They called me and we basically had a conversation. They were very professional and the environment was very relaxed. The conversation about me lasted about 20 minutes while they expected you to ask about the company/internship for about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was brief, 15 minute interview with mostly behavioral questions. Technical question was to walk through how the 3 financial statements connect.
    Superday round included three 30-minute interviews. Also almost entirely behavioral. Only technical question was what statement would you look at to evaluate whether to give a company a loan.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of time you had a conflict with someone? Example of leadership? Why banking? Why commercial banking? Why JP Morgan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Very conversational, asked me to walk through my resume and then we just talked from there. They were very excited to talk about what they did. Do your homework on the company and be ready to have a conversation about the current state of banking. Overall a positive experience with some solid interviewers who were just looking to get to know me

Interview Questions

• Give me an overall lesson on your life and why you want to do banking   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews, one on campus and one in the actual office. My first interview was with three individuals and asked relatively typical questions asking about myself and involvement at school. Second interview, I met with four individuals(two at one time) and they asked me more detailed questions and explained my job tasks and what I would be doing throughout the summer and what they do on a day to day basis. I was asked questions about specific involvement in organizations, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate. Offer was great!

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the JPMorgan Chase website for campus recruiting. A few months later, I received an invitation through email to set up an interview. My only interview was in-person and it lasted 45 minutes long. 3 days later, campus recruiting called me to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Several first round interviews with standard behavioral questions. Some technical questions. If you prepare the week before you should be fine. The most basic questions: Why commercial banking? Why JP Morgan? Talk about something that is happening in the market today. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward behavioral questions. First round was on campus and it was 2:1. I got invited to a super day in the Chicago office a couple weeks later where I had 5 back-to-back interviews with various managers. Got the offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you dealt with a difficult situation? Why JPM? Why commercial banking?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through my university's career system and was able to schedule an on-campus interview with two VPs from the SD branch. They were very nice and the process was very smooth. The 1st interview was very basic/behavioral and pretty much just went over my resume. I highly encourage you to study on why commercial banking is a good fit for you and explicitly show your interests.

Interview Questions

• What's the first line item on a statement of cash flows?   1 Answer