J.P. Morgan Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.7

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had an initial interview for about 10 minutes then they said I passed it then they will refer me to thr HR Dept. and wait for their call the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to relocate and seek opportunities with JPMorgan?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Within a few days of applying, I received a phone call to schedule an interview. Previously, I had received an email to participate in a web interview but hadn't had the opportunity to record at the time the phone call was received. The recruiter encouraged me to complete the web interview and scheduled my interview for the end of the week. The web interview consisted of recording yourself answering question prompts on the screen. You have a timer to answer the questions and 30 seconds or so to practice. There is a practice section prior to the actual web interview.

The in person interview was pleasant, and I had to check in with the security guard. The standard "tell me about a time..." questions were asked and by the end, an offer was made and I was pre-selecting a schedule, as I prefer certain hours when possible. There was time to ask my interviewer questions and he did a fantastic job of taking time to go over benefits and perks that the company offers.

I received an email about onboarding procedures, and later on, returned to the building to complete necessary steps. Everyone has been nice, informative and clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview

I was e-mailed that I would be having a phone interview within a week or so. I never got a call so I asked them what was that about and they told me there was a delay and that they would call again within a week. Well guess what? They never did call...I felt like they just dropped me when they kept telling me I would get a phone interview. I never got an explanation to what happened and I felt like it was very rude even though I followed up.

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Elgin, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is great. Very friendly and caring. They explain the job in great detail.

Interview Questions

• Put on the spot by having to act like you are making a collection call to a card member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with the hiring director, discussed the position and talked about what was expected of me, if hired for the job. How soon would I be able to start. Give me a list of your references. Told me what was next in the interviewing processing for as drug, fingerprint, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience. Tell me about you, Tell me how you would handle more than one tasks. Tell me how you would handle difficult client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The positon paid a certain amount and I accepted it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2016.

Interview

Had three intwrviews back to back. The first one was a personality assessment, the second was a roleplay, the third was just a general assesment. After that the 3rd interviewer said welcome and it was off to my job offer. I don't know if it was really supposes to be that easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He said that it would be based on my previous salary, which was really low but I'll give JPMC a chance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Horrible, wasted my time they were never going to hire me. I was told go through temp agency if they like me I will be brought on for a permanent position. Don't waste other people's time

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the customer service position on a Friday and was called the following Monday for an interview on Tuesday. I was given a brief description about the pay, benefits, and incentives over the phone. The recruiter that contacted me was awesome! I would definitely recommend this company. They have great benefits from day 1.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

a whole mess!when offered the job the times available were rattled off too fast,and was told i had to choose right then and there. they did not give clear directions as to where the interview would be held.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to read a script that we read to customers when they would like to change the payment due date that they would like to change the date of the car payment.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Interview

So I applied online one day and got a call like a week later. I went to interview and got a call like hours later advising I got the job. One interview and got a package about where to submit paperwork. Started work 2 weeks later. The hiring phase was very difficult. You had to go all over the city to do this and that. Training was very fun but when you hit the floor it was okay at first then it became boring doing the same thing all day. We never got a chance to do other things and get educated more on mortgage terms or systems. The job gets a -0. If your just looking for a good job this is where you go to get a nice paycheck. If you have a degree do not APPLY find somewhere else to go because they do not care. The only good thing I can say is they offer a LOT of overtime which makes your check nice but its stressful Overtime!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At first they wouldn't work with with because I was in Graduate School and had classes on Wens and thurs. the pay is very poor for a college graduate and the advancements are not great at all. You will not move up if you don't know anyone who already works in the company. The management is very very poor. They are on the internet while you are stressing on the phones. It's not fun to come in at all. When you do try to come in with a good attitude the atmosphere is just so negative. I would not want anyone to apply for this position. they have people from the street apply with no experience and get into another department and make more than a college graduate. Its sad.