J.P. Morgan Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website, got a call from HR not to long after submitted the application. Had a 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked lots of detailed technical questions about building predictive models and model selections.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process is horrendous. They wanted to do 11 phone interviews !!! (yes 11) with me because they are so cheap that they don't want to pay for airfare unless they are sure you are hired. I told them it's not worth my time so they flew me onsite after the 6th phone interview. The company's HR is absolutely crap, they'll call you left and right in the middle of the night. My flight from Seattle to NYC that they originally booked was 9 hours long (because they booked the cheapest flight). After complaint they fixed it. The interview process was smooth but I was told by one of the interviewers that I should not consider joining the team !! She was absolutely jealous of my resume and acted very rude and unprofessionally. Although the onsite interview (with Digital) went well (I had 9 interviewers onsite) I surprisingly did not receive an offer.
    This is a cheap cheap company with a crappy culture and horrible HR. They are not reimbursing my meal expenses now due to various excuses. Stay away from JP Morgan and Digital. That's all I can tell as an advise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter who put me in touch with a team looking to fill in roles. I then had two rounds of 1 hour interview via Google Hangout, and asked to do live coding on collabedit.

Interview Questions

• The two interviews had a similar format. It started with an overview of my education, experience and past projects. Asked specific and technical details on the implementation of a neural network algorithm. I was then asked to solve small coding problems via collabedit: 1. Find the intersection of two arrays of integers. 2. Find the nth prime number 3. Use a binary search to find the index of a given value within an array of integers. 4. An SQL exercise to extract various specific items of a table.

For the coding exercises I could choose the language of my choice. Complexity was discussed and the interviewer always pushed me to find the least demanding solution in terms of time complexity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

first run interview,not so hard,but speak very quick. I applied online, and got the interview soon after three days. They think I am not appropriate because I don't have finance background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview (about 30 minutes). Then a video interview with the hiring manager and a more junior team member. Then I had face to face interviews with both team members, and another from a different group. Following that, I had interviews with two senior managers. I think the interviews went reasonably well. They treated me well and I think the hiring managers were looking for someone with my particular skills and background. HR asked via the recruiter what my salary expectations were. I believe I asked for a total package commensurate with my experience and training. HR thought otherwise, and did not make a counteroffer.

Interview Questions

• In the first place, they were interested in my financial knowledge. They also were trying to determine how much machine learning I knew.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First round on-campus. Simple programming questions (Very simple for the CSE background), one question on data analysis related to Linear regression. He also asked me "How would you explain the Linear regression to the non- technical person?" Got the result after 3-4 weeks that I'm not invited for the next rounds.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the Linear regression to the non- technical person?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call from company, they took 3 rounds of interview. All was technical. Last round was manager round. There was also a HR round. In HR round we discussed salary and all.

Interview Questions

• Can not speak any thing on this.   1 Answer