J.P. Morgan Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Video interview, first introduced my background and experience, followed by the introduction of the team I'll be working with, and asked some questions about text mining- the team will mainly work on text mining

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

One phone interview, one video chat (similar to Skype) interview, one on-site interview. Interviewers were very nice and asked relevant questions. First interview was 30 minutes, and the video chat interview was 1.5 hours, split into two blocks, where two interviewers asked about my experience and asked me case questions.

Interview Questions

• Case questions: valuation of Chase mobile app, adding a new co-brand credit card.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. There was an initial phone screen and then a call with the hiring manager. I passed both of these and then proceeded to another phone call that focused on machine learning. Make sure that you can talk about machine learning in laymen's terms. If you know you're stuff, then this should not be a problem. I passed this round and then proceeded to the final round which was 4 separate interviews with executive directors. They mainly asked about your experience and a couple projects that you completed in the past. I received a phone call the next day that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Difference between random forests and gradient boosting.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The interview went very well. The interviewer described questions clearly and was very nice when he spoke to me. Sometimes I asked him for repeating a specific questions and he made it much more clear.

Interview Questions

• How did you prevent overfitting when using Deep Learning models?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

a phone interview that is followed by an on-site interview. the interview are mainly focused on your experience and education written on the resume. The on-site interview includes several rounds of in-personal interview and a tech talk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online. They sent me a link to hirevue to do an online recorded interview. It was 2 programming questions. I chose Python and answered both coding problems in their time frame. They were regarding statistics mostly

Interview Questions

• Describe something in statistics you recently learnt and like   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2018.

Interview

You will first be invited to take a virtual interview with questions and programming problems. It was either python to Java; the site was very hard to navigate. Maybe it was my computer? I am not sure, I had an issue with submitting the video interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter after submitting CV online. Quickly scheduled 2 phone calls - one with member of research team, then one with the hiring manager. Both went smoothly, main focus was on machine learning techniques and fluency. Tried to follow up after speaking the hiring manager, but they just disappeared. No response to emails. IMHO, quite unprofessional. If you know you are not going to hire a candidate, have the decency to send a rejection letter, don't just disappear. Takes < 5s to send a stock rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Find Intersection of 2 lists, describe various machine learning terms. Many algorithms questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Lots of red flags to look for. Recruiter doesn't schedule interview at the time requested and does it as his/her whims. No job description and details provided. Very misleading process. Interviewer arrived 10 mins late on the phone. While it was obvious to both of us that it's not leading anywhere the interviewer didn't bother explaining the position and ask if I had any questions. Total lack of respect for other person's time. Very soon it was obvious that they needed a coder than a researcher which again should have been made obvious in the first call by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• did you code machine learning algorithms from scratch or used a library?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

standard phone screening, with perso introduction and few techniqual questions. First, the recruiter explained the role and what it entails, then he asked me to introduce myself, and did two case studies.