Cover image for J.P. Morgan

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

J.P. Morgan Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 32 of over 7.1K interviews

Recruiter18%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

Interview was straightforward, online coding challenges with video explanation for your answers. Hosted via Hirevue. Follow up with a superday, three interviews for a total time of three hours back to back

Interview Questions
  • explain how xgboost differs from random forest
    1 Answer

J.P. Morgan

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in Apr 2022

Interview

First round was taken by VP where the structure of team and day to day work was explained. Second round was taken by some other VP again who was quite arrogant. The 2nd VP repeated my answer in more elaborate manner and when I said that I have already answered this then the interviewer became angry.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about J.P. Morgan

Join the conversation on

Software Engineering

2m

works at

JPMorgan Chase

I have a baby coming next summer. When should I tell my managers? I’m not particularly close to them JPMorgan Chase With the economy being rocky, I’m afraid of getting fired. I would prefer to tell them at the later than sooner, like 3 months before delivery of the baby. Is that okay? Should I submit on sedgewix first?

14 Comments

Finance

140.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=J.P. Morgan~145
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about J.P. Morgan? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with J.P. Morgan employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

The interview process is just normal, with some basic ds and stat terms asked such as what is confusion matrix, what is false positive. Behavior question is about to pitch a project done by yourself before

Interview Questions
  • what is confusion matrix, what is false positive. Behavior question is about to pitch a project done by yourself before
4 people found this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

Online application Initially screening test Chat with hiring manager Case Study Job offer Over all the initial screening was difficult and the case study was quite interesting. however the overall experience was quite difficult.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

First round after phone screen with HR and it was with a data science principal. Expected questions about my resume but got asked basic questions about good practices in ML

Interview Questions
  • 1. What is your favorite ML model? (Follow up on characteristics of that specific model) 2. How to filter outliers that are to be discarded from the other ones that are actually of value?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dublin, Dublin) in Oct 2021

Interview

1. Coding Challenge with 3 questions on the Virtual Interview environment. 2. Move on to the questions and answers stage with 3 Questions about coding challenges. 3. Move to Questions about past experience, projects, and introduction of yourself.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Coding challenges: strings, list 2. challenging project experience
4 people found this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

It consists of two rounds, in hire vue- first coding part and second question based on personality. I found it difficult to solve. In the personality set, we have 30 sec preparation time and two minutes to record. Recording in camera was annoying and little bit disturbing.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join JPMC? Tell you about the project which was a failure.

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

Multiple rounds ranging from technical to open ended design questions. The HR contacted first but was slow in scheduling the interviews. There were many rounds in the duration of two months.

J.P. Morgan

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

the interview start with online assessment, there are two coding questions then you need to record a video to explain some machine learning algorithm. Once you pass the OA, you will have a phone interview.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

J.P. Morgan

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview

Technical, Technical consisting of machine learning, case study and then the hiring manager interview which went in previous work experience and case study. No HR call to understand the process and what you should prepare

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Interviews