J.P. Morgan Equity Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Equity Research Associate Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

5 rounds of in-person interviews. One round of phone interviews. Three tests: build a projection model (timed), write a research note (timed), build a DCF model (take-home). Interviews were inquisitive - wanted to understand how you think about a particular sector, the market in general, favorite stock, personality, etc. People were respectful and congenial.

Interview Questions

• Describe how the insurance industry works, and what are their key considerations when pricing an insurance policy?   Answer Question

More attractive offer came about.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard for such a large bank. I first met with the group head then the junior analyst to discuss why i wanted equity research. This was followed up by a meeting with their division head and the lady who runs their training program. Overall a great experience people were really nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied for an Equity Research position and met with three people on the team. They asked me about my modeling experience, why research, what were my top long and short stock picks, my interest in the position, how my previous experience related to the job I was applying for. I was give a four page assignment to turn in the following week. I never heard back and never even received a response to see if my assignment had been received.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews followed by a Superday in NY.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the items on a financial statement when convertible debt converts to equity?   Answer Question