J.P. Morgan Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I am writing this since I had two interviews in one day. Similar processes, different company. JP Morgan Chase really shocked me with how poor quality of their interview process. I have no grudge, but want to make sure someone else who applies is aware if it happens to them as well.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions that reflected the information on my resume.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

A month after applying I had a very brief call with the recruiter. After, I was scheduled for a virtual interview with the VP of Business Support and few other support professionals that worked in the actual office. My information was then passed along to the actual hiring managers. I interviewed with three individuals for 30 minutes each (2 hour process). All of this was in a two week period. Dissatisfied that I never received any communication stating that they decided to move forward with another candidate. Had to repeatedly check the website to stay updated on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• I felt they were typical administrative interview questions. I was asked about my technical skills in PowerPoint, Excel and given a few situational type questions around prioritizing, working with multiple executives and working in a fast paced environment. I was also asked questions such as: what makes you tick, where do you think you can improve, what areas are you great in, what drew you to the position, why do you want to work for the company. Since I interviewed with one person at a time some questions were repetitive.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Good experience met with other Sr EA's, Senior staff and human resources . The interview lasted a couple hours. I was able to get a good intake of the culture and atmosphere

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience & situations in supporting senior level execs   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

30 minute interviews with other EAs and Bankers. General what if questions and hypothetical questions to see how you deal with problems, tasks, etc. You also meet with the HR manager. The interview process is very formal, but the interviewers are easy going and just want to get to know you and get a feel for how you would work amongst others.

Interview Questions

• If you had to complete 3 different tasks by the end of the day, how would you go about doing them?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Awesome internal recruiters. They were very helpful through the entire interview process. Everything went smoothly as expected. I had one phone screen and two in person interviews before being made an official offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied on line. One week later Received initial phone call from recruiter with screening interview. In person interview set up for one to one meeting . Typical interview experience of average difficulty. Many Behavioral questions and scenarios then provided description of role and what it would entail and concluded by asking if I had any further questions. Finished in under one hour. Had to follow up with recruiter to find out they went with another candidate and that there would be no offer forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co worker   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

This was very hard. They asked how many oranges I could juggle at once while holding two bannass and a tennis racket, i did t do well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Overall a bad experience. Appt is set up by a recruiter who has prepped me for the position and has in advance (thankfully) said "don't expect to spend more than 15 minutes" w/ the HR person. I arrive a few minutes early and have to wait in the building lobby vs. a reception area. I meet the HR staffer who brings me to her office and says "we'll have to stop if my colleague returns" (it was a shared office). What? How's that work for you all day? Should we really be in a conf room then?

Very first question is: "what is your compensation expectation of us?". I am taken aback as we are all always told never discuss salary first thing. And I've come here via a recruiter who has at the very least laid out the salary range. I assure her the offering is on par w/ my needs but she really wants a hard/firm bottom line number.

We finally move on and discuss my background - past forward. As I answer her question about job X she actually yawns in boredom. Super rude. I continue and start talking about my most recent role and she can't find it on my cv. Because - she only has page 2 on her desk. (I offered a fresh copy upon arrival - declined). She uses a group printer outside her office w/ 15+ others and page one was probably picked up by someone else in error. At this point she actually accuses me of not submitting page 1. My CV is a 2 page PDF...

The interview is realistically over at this point and I just want to leave. She has not met the team/individual I'll be supporting and can't answer any questions about the role... Total time: 11 minutes. Huge waste of time. I did not ever expect to hear from her and never did.

Interview Questions

• Very first question is: "what is your compensation expectation of us?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application/resume first week in December 2012. I received a call on 12/12/12 about setting up an HR phone interview on 12/14. After I passed the phone interview I met an HR rep in person on 12/17. Passed that interview with flying colors. Next step was to interview with five individuals on 12/21 which took about 3 hours. The interview was so relaxed yet extremely professional. I received the job offer on 1/22/13.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions regarding an Executive Assistant covering MD's   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the salary that I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

It was pretty quick. I had a phone screening and then I was invited for an in-person meeting the next week. After meeting with two bankers - I was called back to meet the rest of the team a few days later. The process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and why I thought it would be applicable to the position.   Answer Question