J.P. Morgan Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Two 30-min back-to-back interview at my university campus for a summer internship. Male and Female interviewers, different race, different background, different attitudes. I believe they did this to avoid any complaints as far as gender or race bias. Overall, i loved the experience, very nice and respectful interviewers. Since it's an internship interview, they didn't ask anything too technical as far as formulas or concepts explanations, just basic questions about you, your goals, why the company, why the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Kent, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, 30 minutes with each person, back to back. Must have minimum GPA to even get selected for interview. Interviewers are very serious and the position is very competitive. They don't like shy candidates- be yourself and come with some impressive skills.

Interview Questions

• How are you staying up to date with current markets and trending events?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Long process, lots of banking questions. Questions about your personal outside of school and volunteer work. lots of questions about what you do outside of school. Work during semester.

Interview Questions

• What you know about JPM internationally?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I had back to back 30 minute phone interviews, not many technical questions, mostly looking for fit. The guys were very laid back, but asked a bit about my thoughts on the global market, asked me to explain my excel/access knowledge and asked a lot about previous work experiences. Would suggest looking over your resume, knowing the job description and having a basic understanding of what is happening in both the US and global economies.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing affecting the global market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews. There was a large group of people (25 or so...) waiting to be interviewed. We were split up to interview 2 of the full time analysts waiting to speak with us. The interview were mostly behavioral and not technical.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of J.P. Morgan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had back to back phone interviews. The first interview was related to my soft skills and my resume. The second interview related to my knowledge of the company, finance, and skills. Overall, it was a very pleasant process and I did not feel pressured. The interviewers were really nice (asked about the weather in my state etc.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

applied on monster got a phone interview then they called me in for 1:1 interview. The hiring manager pretty much put forward their expectations and company policies

Interview Questions

• why are you planning to leave your current job   1 Answer
    • what are your salary expectations   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First round will be Telephonic, then they will go for F2F interview and finally Senior Management. And, then if they found you suitable then the HR round will be the final one.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard application process. Fill out an online application form and answer two questions (one motivation and one industry-related). First round interviews at the Canary Wharf office (a mixture of competency, situational, technical and logical reasoning questions) following which I was invited to a final round assessment centre which involved a Case Study and role play exercise, a group and presentation exercise and a final motivation and competency interview.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application including 2 tests: logical and numeric
    Got an email about 5 days later informing me of a phone interview in the next 5 days (includes weekends)
    Phone interviewer wasn't very interested in what I had to say. My resume was team achievement focused, interviewer only wanted to know what I alone achieved. Interviewer picked out specific lines from my cover letter and asked about them. Didn't feel like I gave satisfactory answers, but got called down for assessment centre anyway. Update after.