J.P. Morgan Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was originally contacted by the corporate recruiter who set me up to interview with a regional manager. Initially I was a bit confused as the corporate building that I was sent to didn't have an actual receptionist and it seem empty but I guess it was in the late afternoon and everyone had gone for the day. The interviewer was very informative and we spoke for over an hour. I however am still waiting for a response back of either a yay or a nay. This is my first interview experience as previous positions have been all word of mouth so I am a newbie to this process. He did tell me upfront that they have a long process before any offers are extended.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions regarding my license status and previous employment.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone interview then one on one interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

There are three stages in interview process after which and offer was made. stage one was phone interview stage 2 district manager interview and stage three branch manager interview. Finally the offer was made by telephone. I was asked if I accepted. I answered affirmatively and was then notified by email of the details of the offer, start date and required tests such as fingerprint and drug test. I complied to these request and everything was ratified and I started as set out in the terms of my employment

Interview Questions

• do you have retail customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied to the Las Vegas area and got a call within a few days. I flew myself out for the interview- as there was no relocation compensation offered. I interviewed on a Saturday by the market director. It was casual, maybe 20 minutes and he offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my previous experience as an advisor and why I want to work for JPMorgan   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Multi manager interview - team interview with peers and other lines of business. Pretty straight forward. Wanted to know your view on effective sales processes.
    Met with different branch mangers and their employees to determine fit of skill set and personality.
    Asked about current book of business and insight on mix of business being used now and going forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online, after a week received assessment test in email. After i passed assessment test phone interview was fixed. Hiring manager took my phone interview and was mainly over customer realted questions. I was told by the hiring manager that I will called for in-person interview next week. In-person interview was with my manager, it went good. Same day, they told me i got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with the Manager. He had been a successful advisor, but brand new to management. Now that I look back on the experience, he did a good job of selling what a great company it was to work for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several different ways "why did I think I would be good for the position". They also asked how my business worked in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it as it is offered or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Started with a brief phone screening; then first in person interview- standard interview, asked about experience, past performance, why I was looking to leave current job etc. At the end of that interview, I was told he wanted to have me meet with his boss, and that the admin would be in touch to schedule it. Didn't hear from her until I reached out again, but then was scheduled for round 2 a week or so later. That interview was more of the same, although I also had to role play a few sales scenarios. Knew it went well, and a few days later got a call discussing an offer with terms, etc, pending my background check clearing and my drug test being clear. Both of those were fine (surprisely no credit check), but I decided the pay was too low for me and declined the offer

Interview Questions

• Can you role play how you would call a client who just made a large deposit to try and uncover an investment opportunity?   Answer Question

Pay too low, didn't care for the manager I'd report to (unprofessional and seemed unintelligent)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wayne, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

Phoned by Human Resources, called by Manager to set appointment for interview.
    Interview only consisted of reading my resume and requesting me to role play.

Interview Questions

• No question just role play "I'm a customer - sell me an investment"   1 Answer

They were not interested in my abilities or experience only my acting capabilities. Which I wasn't auditioning for an acting role. I was completely turned off by the company.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was then brought in to do a face to face with him. Since I am securities licensed they did a pre-background check on my licenses and contacted my previous employer. After that I was asked to attend an open house on the opportunity where prior to I did a presentation to 2 investment managers and then met with two other managers informally and the senior investment manager for the region along with a district manager for the bank branches. I then met with the district manager and branch manager of the branch I was slated to take the position in.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to present a non product specific investment solution as if it was being done to a client, the purpose was to assess my selling ability along with overcoming objections.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't a whole lot of negotiation involved since it is a commission job, although they do pay a base salary it is charged against your commissions to essentially you are straight comm.