J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I have applied online but It took 1 week to receive an email that has invited me to the pre internship early insight. then another email to have me apply for launching leader program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you have to use an analytical skill   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phila, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from them within a few days. The Interviewers were really nice and it was more like a conversation. They like when you ask them questions and are involved in the Interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were presented a challenge and did not know what to do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you teamed up with someone who did not try and contribute to work in any way?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The Interviewers were so nice. I enjoyed the interview with them. The interview liked a conversation. I could be myself during the interview. The interviewers also effectively answered my questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They were straight forward and asked me about my experiences and how that would help me in this particular job setting. Aside from that, the interview process itself was pretty calm and nothing to be nervous about. However, make sure you know your information though.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Very conversational with some structured questions. Want to see your personality as well as drive. Knowing things such as the four segments of the company or the CEO/CFO's names will get you bonus points. Lots of "Tell me a time when..." questions. The more you are able to make yourself sound different than every other person interviewing, the better off you will be. Do not give "I am a perfectionist" as an answer for "Tell me one of your weaknesses."

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you did not know how to complete a task given to you   Answer Question
    • BONUS: CEO and CFO's names   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a Basic Phone Screening
    Followed by an 1-1 interview in the office with 5 of the current staff mainly concerned if I understood the time commitment. Very few technical questions mostly just determining a team player

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process from start to finish took about three months whic was extremely long and extensive. I met with each of my soon to be colleagues on my team which consisted of 4 people at the time and included a phone interview with one of the female Vice Presidents who worked remotely at the time.

Interview Questions

• Questions included character assessments which I liked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Video interview with a Financial manager in China. Mainly asked my background and motivation, along with two simple accounting technical questions. The process was like a chat and the interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? Why Finance? Do you think dealing with data every day is boring? Walk through resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and after about two months, I received the HR email, telling me that there is only one super day interview. There are totally 6 rounds with 6 interviewers, one at a time. From 9:30am to around 1pm. Without lunch break.

Interview Questions

• Most of them would dive deep into my resume and ask my projects. Only one asked a behavioral question, one asked an algorithm question and a pandas question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I got recruited through a diversity program, a Women in Accounting networking event, so I had two back-to-back 30 minute interviews with women in senior management. Both were incredibly nice and not intimidating at all. From what I remember, really all behavioral questions and the hardest somewhat 'technical' question that I got was about what's going on in the stock markets. No second round of interviews & I got called within the next week with an offer.