J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Very conversational with some structured questions. Want to see your personality as well as drive. Knowing things such as the four segments of the company or the CEO/CFO's names will get you bonus points. Lots of "Tell me a time when..." questions. The more you are able to make yourself sound different than every other person interviewing, the better off you will be. Do not give "I am a perfectionist" as an answer for "Tell me one of your weaknesses."

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you did not know how to complete a task given to you   Answer Question
  • BONUS: CEO and CFO's names   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process from start to finish took about three months whic was extremely long and extensive. I met with each of my soon to be colleagues on my team which consisted of 4 people at the time and included a phone interview with one of the female Vice Presidents who worked remotely at the time.

Interview Questions

• Questions included character assessments which I liked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Video interview with a Financial manager in China. Mainly asked my background and motivation, along with two simple accounting technical questions. The process was like a chat and the interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? Why Finance? Do you think dealing with data every day is boring? Walk through resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and after about two months, I received the HR email, telling me that there is only one super day interview. There are totally 6 rounds with 6 interviewers, one at a time. From 9:30am to around 1pm. Without lunch break.

Interview Questions

• Most of them would dive deep into my resume and ask my projects. Only one asked a behavioral question, one asked an algorithm question and a pandas question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 20 minute phone interviews, slow to get back to you about moving onto next round. First phone interview was with a woman who just didn't seem to be in a good mood. The call was lost mid way through and she generally seemed uninterested the whole time. The second interview was with a much nicer woman.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Name something recent in the news that could affect our company.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Three interviews back to back on ALPFA Convention. Mostly simple questions by managers of different groups who were very eager to make you feel comfortable mostly behavioral questions, about the company, accounting and market questions.

Interview Questions

• Why JPMorgan Chase? Why Financial Analyst? Tell me a time you fail.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interviewed down in the DE location. Consists of a tour and 2 interviews. First interview was a bit tougher than the second but that was probably due to the interviewer. Not very hard either way...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a "bad" group member in a group project or team situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in April 2016.

Interview

I have an on site interview with two managers who interviewed me separately and 1:1. Each of them had about 15 minutes with me. They pretty much went over my resume and got more details about my background. After that, they opened to question that I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Are you good at Excel? Are you comfortable talking with different people from different level face to face and over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

Mutli round interview process. Mostly done over the phone due to distance from position that I was applying for. First round was more about personality and second call was about my technical skills especially with Excel. Also needed to know some accounting terms and how to use them properly.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan
      Who is the CEO of JP Morgan
      Who is the CFO of JP Morgan
      What is the current stock price of JP MOrgan
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed for Global Wealth Management program. Interview conducted at a regional office with about 5 different meetings and 8 different interviewers. Different rooms for different interviews, each one with a different attitude and question set than the next. Relatively difficult and exhaustive interview process compared with other firms in the industry.