J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed for Global Wealth Management program. Interview conducted at a regional office with about 5 different meetings and 8 different interviewers. Different rooms for different interviews, each one with a different attitude and question set than the next. Relatively difficult and exhaustive interview process compared with other firms in the industry.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

Experienced hire. Interviews went well. 4 interviews back to back, 30 minutes each. Very conversational and around general fit. They seemed interested in finding out what I wanted out of the job, and if it was the right move. Team seemed great and they seemed very friendly. Very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of your strengths.
      Tell me of a time you failed and how did you handle it.
      Tell me a time when you had two tasks to complete and you knew one wouldn't get done. What did you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

A very basic phone interview,looking for fit with the company. Alot of very simple get yo know you questions. Asked a little bit about your current understanding of the market. Asked where you think the market is going, where to invest. Not to bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was very easy. All they asked were things about my resume and skills that i had. There weren't too many technical questions, but they asked about some excel questions. Interviewer was not that knowledgeable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview in Newark, Delaware. Interview was very behavioral based. I interviewed with three different people and they basically just went off a check off sheet asking questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation? Explain a time when you dealt with... Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult. I had two 30 minute interviews back-to-back. The questions are a combination of behavioral and technical questions. They ask more behavioral than technical. They want to see if you are a good fit for their company and for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

Easy going since they knew I was right out of college. Know the companies earnings asked how profitable they were. Very nice people and seemed to be excited to bring new people.

Interview Questions

• Rate your excel experience.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Easy-going, was quick and interviewers were very friendly. The interviewers were helpful in providing more information on the company. I was definitely nervous, but just be prepared and confident, no reason to be nervous.

Interview Questions

• Guide me through the financial statements
      Describe balance sheets
      What is finance, and why this position?
      Describe the structure of JPM   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through school's website. Interviewed on campus; two 20 min interviews with VP and MD. Just your basic behaviorials. Be very anecdotal and show a lot of enthusiasm and willingness to learn. They look more for culture than for technical fit. Interviews were more like conversations than interviews. Very few technicals if any.

Interview Questions

• What would be the cash flows for a chain of coffee businesses?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2015.

Interview

There were two different interviews, one right after the other. Each interview was 30 minutes long. Both of the interviews were behavioral for the most part; they wanted to see if I had an interest in the company and the position itself. They asked a few things about leadership and my previous experience with excel. The interviewers themselves were very nice and kept a very relaxed environment during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name several things under assets on the JPM balance sheet.   Answer Question