J.P. Morgan Financial Control Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview on career event for students. The process took really long until final decision. I got interviews with 4 managers totally not mentioning the HR screening interview. The first interviews with two managers took 30 minutes each. It took 2 more weeks until the next two interviews with other two managers

Interview Questions

• Basically just behavior questions. Why you choose JP? What do you know about JP? Tell me a difficult time when ...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

Phone call with JPM recruiter which lasted about 15-20mins. Waited about a week until she called back. Then met with 4 managers all hiring amongst their teams. Waited about 1-2 weeks for offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions:
      Strengths/Weaknesses
      Previous work experience
      Couple quantitative questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

She told me that there was no negotiation since the offer was at their top pay range.

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I firstly submitted my resume at campus career fair, then I was told to apply online on the company's website. After about 1 week, I got an email from the HR that asked me to go on site for the interview. I got 3 people interviewed me, and each took half an hour. After about two weeks, I got the result from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe the greatest challenges you faced in your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers one on one. First manager was a bit more aggressive than the second manager. Overall, know how to compare your current job functions with the job functions for this position. All of the other questions during the interview were basic questions and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Account balances of an Asset, Liability, Income, and Expense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Smooth process. Applied online and within a month was contacted for a interview and received my offer 1 week after the interview.Interviewed with two managers, very easy going interview and very little behavioral questions. We walked through my resume and I explained my current experiences and how it compared to the role.

Interview Questions

• Between Asset, Liability, Income, and Expense which ones are a debit and credit   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was on the simpler side. Walk in for three interviews schedule for half an hour each. Each of the three managers were separate and asked about details on my resume.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your Excel skills?   Answer Question

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Interview

First round it was a short phone interview, very basic background questions. Then second round, it was onsite interview with 3 interviewers, one by one. The questions asked by different interviewers were similar, no big difference. Such as why JP, why this position, your 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses, your short-term and long-term goals.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, very basic questions including some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Started with an Associate, then two Executive Directors, followed by a HR.
    Questions were mostly basic and behavioral. e.g. why do you want to work for JPM. Your Strengths and Weaknesses. Your 3 year plan.
    They really want to know why you are interested in the company/role.
    After all the interviews, it took them less than a month to give me the offer.
    The background check process took another 2 weeks.
    The whole process took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JPMoragan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

The process began with a preliminary phone interview with an associate. I was notified shortly thereafter that I was invited to interview on site, where I had three in person interviews with associates and vice presidents from various sectors. About a week later, I had one follow up phone interview with the Executive Director I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the basic elements of accounting? What experience do you have working in accounting? Describe the payouts of a call option.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, was offered a fix, standardized 2 year contract.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2014.

Interview

applied on the website got an email a week later, interviewed with several managers got the offer 2 weeks later. The interview was calm laid back environment mostly fit questions nothing out of the ordinary just read the job description and prepare for the generic questions what's your weakness? where do you see yourself in 5 years ....etc