J.P. Morgan Financial Control Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews one hour long each, several interviewers, depending on the individual they might ask technical finance or accounting questions, drug test, and background check necessary. They also finger print you. Each interviewer is most likely a manager on a different team. They will each interview you in their own manner, so be prepared to speak to both finance/accounting skills as well as being personable with them. They are looking for clean cut, professional, organized, and analytical thinkers. Second round is typically to make sure that you are the right fit for the role and team that you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

Phone call with JPM recruiter which lasted about 15-20mins. Waited about a week until she called back. Then met with 4 managers all hiring amongst their teams. Waited about 1-2 weeks for offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions:
      Strengths/Weaknesses
      Previous work experience
      Couple quantitative questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

She told me that there was no negotiation since the offer was at their top pay range.

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I firstly submitted my resume at campus career fair, then I was told to apply online on the company's website. After about 1 week, I got an email from the HR that asked me to go on site for the interview. I got 3 people interviewed me, and each took half an hour. After about two weeks, I got the result from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe the greatest challenges you faced in your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2014.

Interview

applied on the website got an email a week later, interviewed with several managers got the offer 2 weeks later. The interview was calm laid back environment mostly fit questions nothing out of the ordinary just read the job description and prepare for the generic questions what's your weakness? where do you see yourself in 5 years ....etc

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in September 2011.

Interview

one manager and one peer analyst interviewed me, the most part of the interview is an introduction of the job, they did asked a little bit of behavior questions, but mostly just pretty basic. They also have a strong interest in excel skills.

Interview Questions

• What level of excel skill you have?   1 Answer
    • What's your worst thing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Started with an Associate, then two Executive Directors, followed by a HR.
    Questions were mostly basic and behavioral. e.g. why do you want to work for JPM. Your Strengths and Weaknesses. Your 3 year plan.
    They really want to know why you are interested in the company/role.
    After all the interviews, it took them less than a month to give me the offer.
    The background check process took another 2 weeks.
    The whole process took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JPMoragan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers one on one. First manager was a bit more aggressive than the second manager. Overall, know how to compare your current job functions with the job functions for this position. All of the other questions during the interview were basic questions and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Account balances of an Asset, Liability, Income, and Expense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in August 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview and one in person interview with two different managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in December 2012.

Interview

Communicated with HR. Have one long interview with 2 different people: a vice president and an associate

Interview Questions

• What aspects of finance do you want to learn at this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I do not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in November 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interviews one over the phone with senior HR recruiter with basic behavioral questions like why do you want this position etc. After this someone from HR contacted me saying they would like me for a face to face interview. In the face to face they asked me behavioral question and stuff from my resume. The face to face was set up were 4 different people and I spent half an hour with each individual. My advise would be be well prepared with stories relating to generic interview qs as well from stuff on your resume. Read the job description and pick up on keywords from it.

Interview Questions

• They were all regular generic interview questions the only this you should focus is how to relate your past experiences with the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate yet