J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX).

Interview

Back to back Technical and HR, separate on campus interview for internship. Technics conducted by a lead developer. HR round handled by VP. Internship performance can lead to full time offer.

Interview Questions

• Database, OO principles, logic and behavior assessment questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Applications Support/Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Their talent acquisition from the New York office contacted me regarding an application support role. This was unexpected since I didn't apply for that, nor did I have the background for it. My first interview was with 3 people regarding this role. I never saw them again after that.

After my first interview, someone else (presumably with talent acquisition) then contacted me via e-mail for a second interview. 3 names were listed in his e-mail, 2 of which were present for the first interview. Not one of those individuals were present for this second interview. I had someone else entirely, this time for the position I applied for (imagine my surprise). After trying to follow up with the person that I interviewed with (in order to ask several questions that still remain unanswered), I was told it couldn't have been him since he was out of town on international travel. This was absolutely incorrect, of course. Either I was very forgetful or mistakes have been and continue to be made or I was being lied to regarding who I interviewed with. I would lean towards the last two as being correct.

This interview process was stumbling from start to finish. I'm not sure I want to work at a place with so many breakdowns in communication (or outright liars or people with bad memory). Not being hired here is probably a blessing in disguise.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called and then I was set up with a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told that I did not fit the profile they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a user's Outlook will not come up?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview focused too much on programming language and database skills with little focus on algorithms. The hiring process is extremely slow. It took me 5 months to complete it. It is a extremely inefficient firm.

Risk Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first got a call that generally got an overview of my employment history, to see if the position is a good fit. Then I attended a face-to-face interview in a few days. Two days after, I got a call telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral/situational questions. Mostly on how I handle fellow employees and customers in different scenarios.   Answer Question

Helpdesk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, panel interview-
    A recruiter contacted me regarding the qalifications. I select three tentative dates and times I would like to interview on. Recieved cofirmation for interview the same day.

Interview Questions

• To explain how I could make their service desk more efficient?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through Collabera staffing agency out of New Jersey and interviewed with Chase three days later in downtown Houston. I met the hiring manager and he directed me to a meeting room to sit in, where I met the team lead. I gave the manager a copy of my resume before walking in the room and the team lead also asked for my resume as I walked in, which I had no idea it was going to be multiple people interviewing me, The team lead says, you know you should always bring several copies of your resume to an interview with a smirk on his face, which I thought was rude for a first impression. The team lead very was nonchalant, kept checking vibrating cell phone, and not making eye contact, which is unprofessional. The hiring manager seemed to be more enthusiastic and professional during the interview. Overall, the interviewers were more into themselves than me. I have also had this same experience with branch banks during the time Chase had my business after the acquisition of Washington Mutual Bank. Chase did not give staffing agency or myself any response about the job being filled or still open, Not a good look!

A month later after landing an IT System Analyst job with another company. Chase HR calls me about an Application Support job and schedules me to come to their open house. Two days before the open house, HR emails me to reschedule for a later date. Once again, after following up with HR, who did not return my calls or emails, I received no response about interviewing for the Application Support job. Very negative experience and unprofessional. Keep in mind, this job has been posting on Chase's website for over a year, so it makes you think why are these particular positions always open? I was not impressed and turned off to say the least, I definitely would not recommend Chase as a company to work for or a bank to do business with!

Interview Questions

• What's your strengths and weaknesses in the IT world? Why work for Chase? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now in your career?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through online and got a call back a few days later from an I.T recruiter, she took my information and asked basic questions about my area of knowledge (java, unix, etc). She sent my info to another person who scheduled an interview the next week.

I had two 30 mins interviews back to back (for a total of an hour). Not too difficult. Still waiting to hear back from them regarding a decision.

Interview Questions

• They began with easy/simple questions and went from there. I found that they can use your answer to generate their next question(s). For example: "name a few algorithms that you know" - sorting, searching... "name a few sorting algorithms" - quick-sort, merge, heap, bubble, radix... "name a few searching algorithm" - linear, binary search... (then they'd ask another question based on the previous answers you just gave). The same rule applied to any hard skill/programming language I had on my resume. They began simple and expanded.

If you don't know an answer, simply tell them. Do not try to b.s your way through an answer, it'll be obvious and it'll only hurt your chances.

Expect behavioural questions as well. For example "describe to me a time when...", and it could be anything from - you had to work in a difficult team/group or you had to face a challenge and what you did to try to overcome it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

written online application, HR contact for phone interview, phone interview with VP of corporate communications with around 5 questions. Opportunity for specific questions at the end. Electronic offer submitted about a week later which I ultimately declined for another offer due to proximity issues. Beware that the time between the submittal of online application and the HR contact was 1.5 months. A bit to wait on for just an internship.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your internship learning goals for the summer?   1 Answer

offer with a closer proximity and higher pay to my place of residence

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I'd be frank that the recruiter did all his best to help me to get a job as an application support analyst, I'd have to give some credits to the JP Morgan's recruiter, so eventually I was given the opportunity to have a phone screen with the hiring manager, which i did, the phone conversation last for about 1 hour 20 minutes+ but I received a rejection from the hiring manager, is due to my UNIX experience is very light, look, JP Morgan hiring managers and their staff asked me two UNIX questions only in the phone interview, and I'm sure my answers were not wrong, they probably have better answers (which i doubt) and they also didn't tell me my answers were wrong. I have no idea how did they tell my UNIX experience is very "light" when they only asked me two simple questions (grep and wc). I honestly feel this is unfair to me. If this is about looking for people who they like, rather than looking for the right candidate with the job skillset, then I'm very disappointed. It is definitely not equal opportunity.

If you think your candidate has very light experience in UNIX, please atleast provide some suggestion, we all can accept better answers, but not BS.

Interview Questions

• 1). Provide a UNIX command to search for the rows with keywords "Warning" and "Errors" Only look for "Warnings" while "errors" are in the same line.

2). Look for the amount of the errors in the log file, provide the command to produce the output.   1 Answer