J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

written online application, HR contact for phone interview, phone interview with VP of corporate communications with around 5 questions. Opportunity for specific questions at the end. Electronic offer submitted about a week later which I ultimately declined for another offer due to proximity issues. Beware that the time between the submittal of online application and the HR contact was 1.5 months. A bit to wait on for just an internship.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your internship learning goals for the summer?   1 Answer

offer with a closer proximity and higher pay to my place of residence

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I'd be frank that the recruiter did all his best to help me to get a job as an application support analyst, I'd have to give some credits to the JP Morgan's recruiter, so eventually I was given the opportunity to have a phone screen with the hiring manager, which i did, the phone conversation last for about 1 hour 20 minutes+ but I received a rejection from the hiring manager, is due to my UNIX experience is very light, look, JP Morgan hiring managers and their staff asked me two UNIX questions only in the phone interview, and I'm sure my answers were not wrong, they probably have better answers (which i doubt) and they also didn't tell me my answers were wrong. I have no idea how did they tell my UNIX experience is very "light" when they only asked me two simple questions (grep and wc). I honestly feel this is unfair to me. If this is about looking for people who they like, rather than looking for the right candidate with the job skillset, then I'm very disappointed. It is definitely not equal opportunity.

If you think your candidate has very light experience in UNIX, please atleast provide some suggestion, we all can accept better answers, but not BS.

Interview Questions

• 1). Provide a UNIX command to search for the rows with keywords "Warning" and "Errors" Only look for "Warnings" while "errors" are in the same line.

2). Look for the amount of the errors in the log file, provide the command to produce the output.
      1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied via online.

The first interview phone call interview is 30 minutes long and it pertains to yourself and the experiences you hold. The next phone call is an hour long and I have yet to complete that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was about 1 hour long and consisted of both a technical and behavioral part. The first recruiter was non-technical and asked many of the generic behavorial questions. The technical recruiter asked me database, linux, and data structure questions.

Interview Questions

• The most efficient way to find all lower case letters in a string and capitalize them   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

One interview on campus and then one in Houston. Heard back a couple of weeks later. HR made the process after the interviews very easy to navigate leading up to the start date.

Interview Questions

• Explain the relationship between interest rate moves the bond prices   1 Answer

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX).

Interview

They have preferred placement vendors; who will test you over and above, what is required for the role. (eg) They pay for couple online exams for DBA, etc.,
    Then the manager and few team members invited for telephone interview, in which they went over my resume and asked technical questions based on the skills: RDBMS, Unix, Windows, Shell scripting, Business Objects, etc.,
    Then the vendor arranged for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• ** In person interview gave me the surprise, that the job was for application support and not really DBA. :) Same manager and team members, explained the job role.
      Two more managers from different teams, interviewed me individually, pretty much intended to check the attitude, to fit the company culture.
      Overall my interview was not tough.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I just asked for some additional moving expense. No issue. They offered.

IB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply online through career website. Then I had a phone interview with an analyst. Then, I was invited to Houston for a super day. Then in Houston, you interview for 4 hours, later they give you a decision

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for 3-4 positions on their website. I received two interview calls. First was a telephone screening interview with a manager (VP) and two developers. They had not read through my resume and asked theoretical questions straight out of college textbook. I had 9+ years of experience, and felt that the questions were not really applicable for the position. I did not get a call for a follow-up interview.

First part of the second interview was 1:1. The interview was technical. The manager (VP) and developers asked questions about programming in Java, multi-threading, etc. I was asked to look at a piece of code and identify the error in it. Rest of the interview was typical. The manager explained the work done by his group and the functionality of the software. They went through my resume and asked questions about previous work experience. Second part was a phone interview with a ED from NY. It was non-technical in nature and focused on conflict resolution, managing priorities etc. Overall, both interviews for the second position went well.

Interview Questions

• Multi-threading, Java, Spring, Hibernate, HTML5, Flex, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR made a firm offer and refused to negotiate. No sign-on bonus. No offer of guaranteed annual bonus (to be performance based). The offer was good, so I accepted.

Telephone Banker Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I completed the application online and was immediately contacted by a recruiter from Chase. She was extremely pleasant and completed an initial interview with me over the phone to assure that I was well qualified for the position. I was then scheduled to come in for a panel interview(3 Managers). I was very please with the interviewers and the process. All of the managers were very pleasant, down to earth and very informative. They made the interview feel very comfortable, yet they maintained their professionalism. I felt very confident interviewing for Chase. The environment was also very friendly. I was greeted by everyone who passed by and it seems like they really have a great group of people working for them. I am looking forward to working with Chase!

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were behavioral questions.For example, Name a time where a company policy made it easy for you to not follow the rules? This was a difficult one to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was please that J.P Morgan Chase actually looked over my experience. My experience was reviewed and I was offered more based on the review.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

Interview

it was very convenience and straightforward. I filled out the application online and was contacted via my email within the same week. First you do a self-record interview and then interview with the branch manager and assistant manager. Within a week to two, you should be able to know whether or not you get an offer.