J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. applied through school, got an invite for an interview about a week later. basic interview questions. some math is involved. lasted about thirty minutes. they let you know through email whether position is offered or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website August 2016 and received an email requesting a phone interview the last week of September. The phone interview was 30 min. with a VP, he spent the majority of the time explaining the internship and the roles involved. He asked about my work experience on my resume and my general opinion on the market. I was then emailed the very next week that I made it to the final round of interviews and I was flown out to NYC 4 days later. Everyone in the NYC office was extremely welcoming and nice. It was three thirty min. interviews with Executives and VPs, all very conversational. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to them and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. A lot of behavioral questions, and some technical based off experience on my resume so it was nothing out of the blue. Make sure you are able to build conversation about the current economy and any news circulating, that's what they really appreciate hearing from you, that you show interest and passion about what is going on in the financial industry and your opinion on it. It is easy if you don't let the nerves get to you and just show passion and be conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is something interesting you heard in the news recently?
      What company would you recommend investing in and why?
      Why are you interested in finance?
      What do you know about J.P.Morgan?
      What is your definition of ethics?
      Lots of questions about experience working in a team.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked a few technical questions, mostly behavioral. The interviewers were friendly, but I couldn't get any kind of read on how I was doing throughout the interview. Overall, it was an easy technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the advantage of using compiled language? Give comparisons.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was done by 4 people 2 HR and 2 Leads where the HR was testing my previous experience and leads were testing my technical skills one by one and the interview went around 2 hours and it was good and it was completely related to my previous experience and skill sets

Interview Questions

• What was the part of your work life you have to improve in a constructive manner and if you were tobe given rating by your previous employer what would be their rating   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online and had 2 phone screens followed by a super day. Interviewed with 3 people at the super day from different desks and have a really positive experience. Got asked a lot of stat questions even thought I had never taken a class and the interviewer knew that. That was the only upsetting part.

Interview Questions

• if you roll a dice 2 times what is the probability of getting the same number   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone call to set up interview, interview was bad. Stuck up interviewer asked impossible questions just to satisfy his own ego. He would just continue to ramble on about random things and not even be able to focus on the issues at hand. The duties of the intern were not discussed; he was not very interested in me as a candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

I had both a technical and soft skills interview. The soft skills one went great but had trouble communicating with the tech skills interviewer.The questions asked weren't anything crazy, but they definitely made you think.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2016.

Interview

30 min with two interviewers, so 15 min each with brief introduction to the position and a following brainteaser-like open questions which are usually met in consulting interviews. The two interviewers are nice and friendly, but the questions are not easy to grasp as I didn't expect that kind of questions for this position, which seems to be more quantitative and analytical oriented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview initially with HR rep and then 3 interviews 30 min each asking mostly behavioral questions. Applied online through company website. One phone interview with an employee onsite. Mainly asked behavioral questions, information about the company and general information regarding Excel and PowerPoint skills. Still waiting to hear back...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at JPM NYC in January 2016 for Risk Management Internship
    Had four back to back 30 minute interviews with three Executive Directors and a Vice President
    All interviewers very extremely nice and started off by describing the group's function and daily dynamics at the office.
    All of them asked me to go over my resume and explain why am I interested in this position and where do I see myself in 10 years. Then each of the interviewers was asking mainly about my insight on the global economy.