J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2018

3.1

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the internship, i later that week got an email back to do a phone interview. With phone interview, ialked for a few minutes on the phone with HR manager, she was very nice. But i did not get the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Haven, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a face-to-face interview with two guys, one on a sales desk, the other a trader. They asked me about my interest in finance, gave me a brainteaser, and asked me to describe my background. This was all set up through on-campus recruiting. It seemed like the guys were playing a bit of good cop, bad cop, because one was pretty warm while the other seemed aloof and uninterested in our conversation.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you're in a hallway lined with 100 closed lockers.
      You begin by opening every locker. Then you close every second locker. Then you go to every third locker and open it (if it's closed) or close it (if it's open). Let's call this action toggling a locker. Continue toggling every nth locker on pass number n. After 100 passes, where you toggle only locker #100, how many lockers are open?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked a few technical questions, mostly behavioral. The interviewers were friendly, but I couldn't get any kind of read on how I was doing throughout the interview. Overall, it was an easy technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the advantage of using compiled language? Give comparisons.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was done by 4 people 2 HR and 2 Leads where the HR was testing my previous experience and leads were testing my technical skills one by one and the interview went around 2 hours and it was good and it was completely related to my previous experience and skill sets

Interview Questions

• What was the part of your work life you have to improve in a constructive manner and if you were tobe given rating by your previous employer what would be their rating   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Online app followed by phone interview and then super day. 4 hour super day with mostly behavioral and Markets focused questions. Technical questions come up but talk through thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. applied through school, got an invite for an interview about a week later. basic interview questions. some math is involved. lasted about thirty minutes. they let you know through email whether position is offered or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website August 2016 and received an email requesting a phone interview the last week of September. The phone interview was 30 min. with a VP, he spent the majority of the time explaining the internship and the roles involved. He asked about my work experience on my resume and my general opinion on the market. I was then emailed the very next week that I made it to the final round of interviews and I was flown out to NYC 4 days later. Everyone in the NYC office was extremely welcoming and nice. It was three thirty min. interviews with Executives and VPs, all very conversational. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to them and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. A lot of behavioral questions, and some technical based off experience on my resume so it was nothing out of the blue. Make sure you are able to build conversation about the current economy and any news circulating, that's what they really appreciate hearing from you, that you show interest and passion about what is going on in the financial industry and your opinion on it. It is easy if you don't let the nerves get to you and just show passion and be conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is something interesting you heard in the news recently?
      What company would you recommend investing in and why?
      Why are you interested in finance?
      What do you know about J.P.Morgan?
      What is your definition of ethics?
      Lots of questions about experience working in a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone call interview. Interviewer asked a lot of aggressive questions. very short very straight to the point not friendly. Whole conversation lasted about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• how do currencies affect a business   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was tough to achieve with the board member. It was rather casual over the multiple times that I stalked James A Bell and practically forced him to take me on as a mentee and intern.

Interview Questions

• My values and ability to withhold emotion was very important when making financial decisions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process: a phone interview, followed by in person interview. They will discuss salary immediately after extending an offer. Don't feel pressured to accept right away. You can just say you need to take some time to think it over.