J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting/career/job posting websites. I heard back from them in about 2 and a half months where they required me to apply through an application on their website. I was scheduled for an interview. There were two 30 minute back to back phone calls. The first one was okay (slightly below average), she really questioned how much I knew about the company. The second interview was more difficult. For one thing, the interviewer had a heavy accent and when you are talking on the phone, it distorted his voice which made it difficult to interpret. I still thought I did a pretty good job understanding what he was saying and what he was asking. Overall, I thought it was one of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I knew I was not going to be offered a position, which I was glad. I was not fond of the location of the position (Columbus, Ohio) and I thought some of the questions were either not relevant or unfair to the extent that there was clearly an expectation that I should know certain things, all though my major particularly does not have a focus on certain areas.

Interview Questions

• There is a baseball bat and a ball that costs a total of $2.50. The bat is $1.00 more than the ball. How much are each?   2 Answers
  • Where is the headquarters?   1 Answer
  • Who is the CEO? CFO?   1 Answer
  • What type of assets does JP Morgan Chase have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2008.

Interview

2 rounds:
    - 1st round: 1 numerical test and 2 one-to-one interviews with analysts or associates.
    - 2nd round: 1 presentation, 1 meeting with 4 other people in the assessment center (you need to defend your point of view on the presentation you did before), and 2 one-to-one interviews with associates or VPs.

Interviews contained brain teasers, background questions, motivations, behavioral questions, etc.. Check the Vault Guide to finance interviews to get prepared!

Interview Questions

• You must defend this given point of view against the other candidates.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was tough to achieve with the board member. It was rather casual over the multiple times that I stalked James A Bell and practically forced him to take me on as a mentee and intern.

Interview Questions

• My values and ability to withhold emotion was very important when making financial decisions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone call interview. Interviewer asked a lot of aggressive questions. very short very straight to the point not friendly. Whole conversation lasted about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• how do currencies affect a business   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Assessment centre style. Had an exam and was then interviewed on the answers. There was another interview which was more traditional and then a group excercise. The interview seemed to be more to gauge how you go about answering the questions rather than your current technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What area of technology do you think you are more suited to?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Full day process with case study and 4 or 5 interviews. Some competency, some technical. Case study was standard. Interviews were standard. People friendly. Similar to other banks. I would practice some sizing questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with two interviewers from the Exotic credit and derivatives team. If successful a second round in office is requested. The position is under the sales and trading summer internship option.

Interview Questions

• first interviewer asked to explain further the experiences he read on CV and then asked to provide an example of team work

second interviewer asked technical questions about options to check understanding and asked what do you do to hedge a position in various scenarios but always assuming you only hedge once a day at market close. Secondly she asked what is more advantageous for company whether to issue bonds or shares and all what are the risks associated
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Haven, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

Had a face-to-face interview with two guys, one on a sales desk, the other a trader. They asked me about my interest in finance, gave me a brainteaser, and asked me to describe my background. This was all set up through on-campus recruiting. It seemed like the guys were playing a bit of good cop, bad cop, because one was pretty warm while the other seemed aloof and uninterested in our conversation.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you're in a hallway lined with 100 closed lockers.
      You begin by opening every locker. Then you close every second locker. Then you go to every third locker and open it (if it's closed) or close it (if it's open). Let's call this action toggling a locker. Continue toggling every nth locker on pass number n. After 100 passes, where you toggle only locker #100, how many lockers are open?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

I was given an email regarding location and time for the interview and a job description
    i took the tube to the offices in canary wharf and i waited downstairs in the lobby
    the supervisor arrived on-time introduced himself and we took the elevator to a conference room
    the supervisor's team member as well joined in on the interview
    they asked me general questions and i asked them a few questions as well
    when the conversation was done, i left
    after i had left, i realized i didn't get their e-mails, i was intending to write a thank you
    luckily it was fine and they told me it wasn't expected

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company, what do you know about investment banking, do you have any questions for us   Answer Question

Negotiation

internship, so there wasn't a salary negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone call to set up interview, interview was bad. Stuck up interviewer asked impossible questions just to satisfy his own ego. He would just continue to ramble on about random things and not even be able to focus on the issues at hand. The duties of the intern were not discussed; he was not very interested in me as a candidate.